Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A fountain of knowledge

Default IFHF Payment online

Has anybody from outside Europe (NZ, Aus, AS) managed to order through this site?
    I can see the 2 certificates that I want but it doesn't like my Mastercard. The website say the problem is at my end whilst my bank says its at theirs .
    I've also successfully paid for certificates in England, Aus and Canada.

Anyone with similar experiances with Irish sites??

Tederator

Quote Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
    Anyone with similar experiances with Irish sites??

Stand by for the Irish Jokes, unfortunately I don't know any relating to Irish Banks.

Ted.

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Their terms and conditions - re credit card payment says..

This is done using a 3rd Party Payment Engine on a secure server, who is compliant with Visa and MasterCard's strict Online Payment procedures.
    So the problem seems to be with the 3rd party.
    One of the strict rules could be that your address that you have entered must match your card billing address exactly.
    ChristineR

A fountain of knowledge

Thanks will try correcting the address that I gave them. They got a fictictious one as I don't like giving out too much information - They should have known this and advised that the address didn't match the records.

Hall/Swan

Quote Originally Posted by Tederator View Post
    Stand by for the Irish Jokes, unfortunately I don't know any relating to Irish Banks.

Ted.

WRONG!!

But did you hear about Paddy the Kiwi who tried to buy something in Ireland using a credit card???

A fountain of knowledge

Vrmmmm (straight over my head). Being on the far side we don't get much news about Ireland. However Scottish banks are another thing.

I see that you are in to Co. Monaghan, perhaps you could answer this question as the local FHS is too rude to reply.
    One of my branches is McNdoo (~1820+) however a google search or other Irish search sites don't have anything on this name. Is it likely to be spelt correctly?
    (Richard McNdoo married Ellen Daley abt 1830) also
    (John Lee married Jane McCallum abt 1830) all Co Monaghan.
    (John LEE married Jane McInDoo(oe) abt 1856.

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineR View Post

One of the strict rules could be that your address that you have entered must match your card billing address exactly.
    I am not sure about Mastercard but I know with my Visa card, THEY (Visa) spelt my address with several typos. OK, the statements arrive here in Portugal even though, but if I order online using the card, I have to make sure that I use the same typos as they did or my card is not accepted.

BTW, I have had good service from IFHS, though I am in Europe, providing I give them the exact billing address of my card.

v.wells

Ordered yesterday with mastercard and used identical name, email etc as I used for login. Thing worked fine. But will be a rare occurrence as they are expensive (I only say that because it was someone else's ancestor I was looking up and not my own - my own are nowhere to be found! )

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
    Thanks will try correcting the address that I gave them. They got a fictictious one as I don't like giving out too much information - They should have known this and advised that the address didn't match the records.
    No, they do not have to tell you that - for security reasons, just in case you are not the real card holder. However, your bank should have told you this - if you had mentioned that you did not use your billing address.
    ChristineR

Valued member of Brit-Gen. Aislin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineR View Post

I had a very similar problem with the GRO. Make sure cookies are enabled. The third party billing company insists on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast