Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    paul searing

Default Gravesend and my relative

Hi good People of Kent

I believe that I have located a relative my gandfathers brother who died in 1983 in Gravesend Kent, his name was Horace (Sam??) Searing and from my research he seems to be my man

What I would like to know is the best place to look for details or orbituary so that i can perhaps get a better understandin of him where he might be buried or cremated and if he had any family (I cant find and details to say he was ever married or not)

so where would be the best place to do some research and find out if my hunch on this one is right.

mant thanks

Paul Searing

Mutley

Off the top of my head, Kent Messenger and Eltham Crematorium.

I'll look further tomorrow.

paul searing

Thanks Mutley

nice of you help, Im not sure the best place to start on this one
    so many thanks.

Paul

Reputation beyond repute

First of all, you need the death certificate. Do you have it?

There is valuable information on a death certificate - informant, home address, occupation etc - which can lead to other avenues to research.

Plus of course you have the date of birth (also free on the index )

paul searing

Default Horace Searing

Hi Peter

At them moment I do not have his death cert I will be applying for it but wanted to be sure this was my man before (I have spent a few quid wrong) and thought I would see if I could be a bit more sure.

On FMP I had found and entree for his death for Gravesend 1983 shownin his birth year as 1911 as my Horace was born Horace Searing TG (mayby Thomas Geroge not to sure) in Rochford 1911.

he seems to be the only Horace which fits my bill although I have trawled through FMP and BMD to see if he was ever married but seems that he never did ???

so this Horce born 1911 and died 1983 I would like to locate his orbit but not knowing the local rags for this area in whch to check.

how strange though my Granfather and father never ever spoke about him so it just adds to my curiosity I guess. I will get hi Death certificate though.

thanks

Paul

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by paul searing View Post
    so this Horce born 1911 and died 1983 I would like to locate his orbit but not knowing the local rags for this area in whch to check.
    Hello Paul,

One newspaper to check could be the Gravesend and Dartford Advertiser. It covers the year in question.

However, is Gravesend the actual place of death or the registration district thereof? If the latter, a different newspaper could be the answer.

As Peter has said, the certificate is the only way to go.

Reputation beyond repute

Have you touched base with Theresa Heskins who's conducting a one-name study?

paul searing

Thanks Peter and Jan

as yet not touched base with anyone but will do

many thanks

Paul

A fountain of knowledge

Default gravesend

morning paul

the oldest cemetery in the area is the gravesend & milton , try just the gravesend cem... it is huge they may have a record ,also try other local areas ,gravesend tended to spread into other villages etc ,
    higham ,shorne,cobham,milton,northfleet,ebbsfleet.

if i can help further please ask .

dean

David Benson

Gravesend Registration district covers a much wider area. My father lived and died in Dartford and was cremated at Medway Crematorium, but the registration was Gravesend.

You need the certificate to get more info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast