margareta

Default QUINN/PURCELL/LEONARD/DARCY

I am researching my Quinn/Purcell/Leonard/Darcy family from Kilkenny.

I have been fortunate to have obtained some information from Australian death certificates and shipping records regarding the names of their parents and the county of their birth.

Thomas Quinn and Catherine Purcell, married c1814 (may have been earlier) in Kilkenny, they had one son (that I am aware of), Patrick Quinn born c1815 in Kilkenny who married (c1853), Margaret Leonard born c1825 in Kilkenny. Margaret’s parents were Patrick Leonard and Mary Darcy, both from Kilkenny.

Patrick and Margaret Quinn immigrated to Australia with infant Mary in 1854 and had five more children all born in Newcastle NSW, I am descended from their daughter Catherine Elizabeth Quinn born 1861.

I would like to find more information about them in Kilkenny, but not sure how to go about it. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Marg

Brian O'Neill

Hi Marg

If you are still intersted this is my wife's family who I've researched and can send you some more material. She is Jenny Quinn whose Dad was William Quinn in Wollongong

Brian

Brian O'Neill

You can also email me directly at boneillATuowDOTeduDOTau
    Last edited by christanel; 23-12-2014 at 8:34 PM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam