Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: owen manuel

a.r.hughes

Quote Originally Posted by Barmouth View Post
    Hi Tony,
    I have just returned from Dol archives, I would love to tell you I had the information you need but I haven't.
    I have spent the whole morning squinting at the Llandecwyn parish register. I have looked at all births from 1779 to 1814 and Zilch. Several Owens' as you can imagine which in a lot of cases was almost indistinguishable from Gwen which there were also lots of. I didn't find 1 Manuel.
    I then searched through all recorded deaths for the Manuel name, thought I may be able to find his parents name from that and again - nothing.
    I thought this was going to be simple, having such an odd surname (for around here, no offence intended) but alas, I have come up with nothing.
    May I ask where you got your information from?, the reason I ask is 1, it is so unusual around these parts and 2, I wondered if Owen was the surname? or whether Manuel was short for Emanuel? just some thoughts
    Good luck
    Linda
    hi linda ,many thanks for all the time/trouble spent on manual line,the info has come off mywifes f/t which is very complex it could be emanuel, this tree is a nightmare....also on tree are edmund prys.his father sion prys with connection to dafydd ab ifan dob abt 1392constable of harlech castle abt 1440/68 and goes to a margaret puleston d of john puleston .1384/1444 many thanks again
    tony

Starting to feel at home

[QUOTE=Barmouth;366595]Hi Tony,
    I have just returned from Dol archives, I would love to tell you I had the information you need but I haven't.
    I have spent the whole morning squinting at the Llandecwyn parish register.

That should have read Llanfrothen Parish records and not Llandecwyn, sorry

regards

Linda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12