A fountain of knowledge.

Default Peach Family Boston

Wondered if anyone knows where Benjamin Peach b.cir 1800 came from? He married Mary Poppleton in 1824 at St Botolphs (Boston Stump) Boston. Their children were all baptised at Wyberton (just south of Boston). Another generation (and another Benjamin) on and they are in places like Frampton, and Sutterton before returning again to Boston. Just in time for next generation Benjamin Peach to marry Susan Redshaw and have children in Boston.

I am also looking for descendants of this family. The children of Benjamin and Susan were:

Jane b.1882 married John George Allitt and they had John G Jnr at Boston before moving to Fletton, Peterborough, where they had Doris Mary and Harold George.

Benjamin b.1883 Boston married Florence Smith and had a son Benjamin in 1916.

Elizabeth Alice b.abt 1884/5 married Tom Platt.

Maud b.1887 married my great grandad John William Arthur Elston - she was his second wife and not related to me. Their children were Mabel Annie married Charlie Lowe, Alice married Herbert Edward Elsey, and Evelyn Maud married John Felix Schofield. JWA had also had Arthur, Princess May, and Mary Ann Violet (known as Sis) by his first wife, Mary Jane Mason.

Annie b.1888 married George Vines, appear to have had a daughter - Muriel in 1918.

Mary b.1890 married William Timmis

Alice b.1892 - did not marry.

May b.1894 married Thomas Stephenson and had Henry (Harry) in 1924

John b.1896 married Hilda Bell and had Norman in 1928.

Edith Emily b.1900 married Jack Coulson and had Nancy b.1921

Susan b.1903 married Thomas Moon.

Many thanks.

JoanneM

Quote Originally Posted by Ann65 View Post
    Wondered if anyone knows where Benjamin Peach b.cir 1800 came from?
    Hi Ann,

If it's any use he's claiming to be from Wyberton on his marriage.

Benjamin Peach a bachelor of the parish of Wyberton and Mary Poppleton a spinster of this parish were married by banns 16 May 1824. Witnesses were John Robinson and Eleanor Poppleton (all signed their name).

Jo.

alansaxman

Hi Ann

Benjamin Peach b.1800 in Wyberton was my great-great-great-grandfather. I have not been able to trace the family back any further, but there is a good chance they come to Lincolnshire from Cambridgeshire. My research continues. If you let me know your email address, I will let you have all the information I have.

Kindest regards

Alan Peach

There were no PEACHes bap at Wyberton before his children in the 1820s. Of course "Wyberton" at his marriage simply indicates his place of residence at the time; it gives no indication of his place of birth.

As he died in 1845 (aged 45), his birthplace is not recorded in a census other than 1841 which suggests Lincs.