junerobo

Default Robertson/ Robinson

Hi, I am trying to find parents for George and Benjamin [ born] Robertson.

Changed their name to Robinson when they arrived in Australia. Their father sent them out here to teach them a lesson.

I have checked Duke of Atholl's papers to see if there was any record of the boys being charged with Deer poaching.
    But nothing.

I know that they came from Scotland, I think approx 1834 as taking years from death certificate

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Junerobo

Hi
    Which state in Oz did the Robinson/Robertson boys come to?
    You have their death certificates which told you how many years they lived in OZ. So what are their dates of birth, dates of death, names of wives and children, any little thing that may identify them whilst searching.
    Christina

junerobo

Smile robertson/robinson

Hi, George Robinson settled in Queensland arrived approx by death certificate 1834. m arried Gayndah Qld to a Maris Sarah Hill. and they lived in Muskett Flat now called Elliott.before 1859 it was NSW. know not where benjamin Died.
    thank you Junerobo

georgiep

Default All Resources familysearch

Hi Junerobo
    Not sure if you have this info already.
    familysearch has a birth for George Robinson
    1860 about Musket Flat Qld, died 1911
    father George Robinson changed from Roberts
    Maria Sarah Hill.
    This is a submitted item.
    Christina, on marriage 16/5/1855 it states bn Struan, Blair Athol, Perthshire estimated 1832 birth, again submitted.
    1841 Blair Athol has a George 5yrs father Robt mother Isabell. No Benjamin listed unless he was born later? 1851 he's still there so no match.

Sorry not much help
    Georgie

junerobo

Smile robertson/robinson

thanks Georgie,
    The George mentioned in your email is the son George Broom.
    apparently both boys came to australia, approx 1834? but both death certificated gave parents as Robertson. Seeing their father sent them out here not sure if George would of used the scottish name process.
    The children named Agnes Jane, David Benjamin, Joseph Jones, George Broom, Charles Straun,
    Every little bit gives me anothe avenue to serch.
    Thanks
    junerobo