Thread: Thomas McConkey

marianne Faull

Default Thomas McConkey

Thomas McConkey and his wife Margaret Clark(e)-(born c1836 at Carsan, Ematris, Co Cavan, Ire)-arrived at Fremantle WA on the ship 'West Australian' in October 1859.

I have a birth place for Thomas (from family search)of Drumee, Kileeven, Co Monaghan Ire. c1834, with father John McConkey.

Any information on either of these families very welcome.

Hall/Swan

17th June 1814 Elizabeth dau of John + Frances Clarke (nee Douglas) of Carsan

1815 William son of John Clarke + Frances Clarke (nee Douglas) of Carsan

3rd Nov 1846 William Clarke son of John Clarke of Carsan married Sarah Bradley daug, John Bradley of Carsan witnesses Matt Clarke & James McMurray

27th Feb 1844 Joseph Clarke of Kilmore Parish married Jean Clarke of Ematris

marianne Faull

Thank you for this information; may I ask the source?
    When Thomas McConkey married Margaret Clarke on 2 dec 1858, Thomas, of Drumre gave his father as John McConkey, Farmer, and Margaret was the daughter of Robert Clarke of Carsan, a farmer. Witnesses were Robert Clarke & Robert Nilson. they were Presbyterians.

Hall/Swan

Well, there is a McConkey/Lee, a McConkey/Hall connection am also looking at Clarke connections. There is a McConkey/Hall plot in Drum cemetery... There are McConkey graves there but day was so wet I didn't get a chance to photograph them... along with a pile of Halls.

I have photo of McConkey grave in Killeevan but for much later, for Margaret and her husband John James 1947 and 1953 respectively. Also one for Mgt who married Joseph Hall, Mgt died 1985 age 87. Another photo for James and Emily McConkey, one for Mary Ann McC, a Jephson/McConkey grave, Francis, Rachel and LucyMcConkey/Harold Lee..but no Clark(e).

G/stones are a great source of records if church is closed. I have about 1000 g/stone photos..some give great family lines.

I don't have my main computer at moment but am 99% sure they are from Ematris records.

marianne Faull

Thanks,
    I don't have much on this family. Are there any cemetery or Parish records I can purchase to maybe get what I need, like Thomas's birth/baptism c 1837?
    I have a copy of the marriage certificate in 1858. you are welcome to a copy.

Hall/Swan

Well you could just write to the Rector, St Laeban's Church of Ireland, Killeevan, Co Monaghan, Ireland, including a photocopy of the marriage cert and ask for records for your names..if there is another church involved they could contact the other record holder too if you ask them. C of I often kept records for "other" religions...Methodists, Presby's etc...

Often, they are very obliging esp if they have copy of marriage cert. It is a simple look up!

My Clarke is only a peripheral line so I don't need to go all the way down his tree and he was a Rev. Clarke which made life easy for me.

If you write, then include an email address.

marianne Faull

Thank you so much,
    the address & church name is just what I need,& extremely hard to find from down under.I will write tonight.

Hall/Swan

Knew I'd posted this somewhere!!

www.
    igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/monaghan/photos/tombstones/monaghan_kileevan/target25.html

www.
    igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/monaghan/photos/tombstones/monaghan_kileevan/target18.html

www.
    igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/monaghan/photos/tombstones/monaghan_kileevan/target19.html

Best of luck....