Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Graham
    In answer to your question regarding Napthali Asher Hart aka Arthur Robert Hart I am still researching what happened to him. The family story is that he went to Australia to evade arrest.This particular line has very close relationships to my father's paternal line and I have not put all the data I have on the BG Forum because it is private. The early data has been shared with a direct descendant of Napthali but we have not been in contact for several years and the family were very close friends of my father.
    I have written a major data base on every sibling of Grace plus her parents going right back as far as I can. I have put a lot of the data on BG but not all of it and not photographs etc. The data base covers all my paternal Anglo Jewish lines in great detail with supporting records.
    I will not make this data available because some elements are private and affect living individuals.

At present, I am adding new data to my research from the Jewish Chronicle to the data base and will post if relevant.
    If I do locate Asher ( we believe he changed his names) then I will post.
    In addition, with regard to Flora and Eva the siblings of Grace who settled in Honolulu I was also in contact with a descendant of Flora and hold photographs and other data on the Flora line up to the present. The line for Eva stopped when she died. Again, I have not posted all the data because there are private elements including living individuals and the same applies to some of the other siblings of Grace.
    On my death I intend to leave the data base ( now almost 1000 pages to the Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain).
    Best wishes
    Phillip

Hi Graham
    As you know there are numbers of family trees on Ancestry.Com on my lines. These trees vary in terms of accuracy and quality and I note that in some cases my great grandparents and earlier had children born that were nothing to do with my family the only association being a common name. In short, these trees are 'not worth a can of beans' as my father used to comment.

Wherever possible on BG I have posted supporting data on my lines so my suggestion is to look closely at these and let me know if you want any additional data.
    Phillip

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Phillip,
    There is some fascinating reading on your research of Hart ancestors. I have just registered on this site so I am not sure if I have entered at a suitable place. Anyway, my maternal grandparents were Lewis Ellis Hart (also Ellis Lewis), b. 06 Jun 1877, d. 03 Apr 1919; Clara Moses, b.03 Jul 1880, d. Feb 1968, m. 29 Oct 1901, all in London, UK. I have a lot more data about these families and ancestors and I wonder if we have any in common?
    David

I am away at present and will respond on my return. My Hart lines did marry into the Moses via Rosa Hart and Henry Moses. These lines are well documented by two of my distant cousins on World Connect some 10 years ago or more.
    Phillip

David
    I have looked at the Ancestry.Com family trees plus census data on Lewis and Clara and do not see any links between your lines and my Hart/Moses. However, I do not know who, if any, were the siblings of my 4x great grandfather Benjamin Hart. Neither do I know who the line of Henry Moses descended from. My Hart line beginning with Benjamin Hart who died circa 1836 were all clothiers/tailors and I have data on each of Benjamin's children including Rosa Hart who married Henry Moses also in the clothes trade.

My thinking is to keep all options open on the lines. I note your Hart/Moses were fruiterers whereas my 2 Hart lines were in the clothes and shoe/boot trades.

It is possible that there were relationships between the lines so I am noting the names who relate to you and any data you have on your Lewis Hart/Clara Moses would prove useful if you posted it on a new thread.
    This would alert other researchers who may be related.
    Phillip

Default ROSINA AND ALFRED AKA AARON HART

I am adding this new piece of data to this thread and researchers are advised to see the thread Rosina Marjorie Hart-Alfred Aaron Hart for updates.

I have added the GRO Marriage Certificate for Alfred Aaron aka Aaron Alfred Hart to the Rosina and Alfred thread.
    The Certificate confirms that Alfred/Aaron had not died young and married in 1918 Elizabeth Kate POPLE daughter of William Pople. The thread also adds a range of data on the lines.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Default NAPTHALI ASHER HART aka ARTHUR ROBERTS

I have re-visited the Army record for Napthali Asher Hart aka Arthur Robert Hart and noted that he stated he had served in the 1/60 Rifles but under the name ARTHUR ROBERTS.
    His 1879 joining record stated that he had previous military service and in response to the question had he served prior to the current enlistment the recorded comment was.."Yes,321 days in the 1/60 Rifles under the name Arthur Roberts, not produced any parchment certified of discharge"

I have looked at the British Army Discharges 60th Foot 1854-1880 but can see no record for an Arthur Roberts. The length of service seems very short and why he used another alias is not known.

There appears for whatever reason to be a cover up of his real identity and name.

The current data now indicates he used at least 2 alias Arthur Robert Hart aka Arthur Roberts and the title MD on his marriage certificate. In addition, he lied about his father's name Aaron calling him Arthur on his enlistment.

His service record shows that he was in the army on home service when Alfred Aaron aka Aaron Alfred his son was born in 1888 and his daughter Rosina Marjorie. He also married when he was in the army.

The current failure for me to locate in 1891 Alfred, Rosina and Edmee plus Arthur aka Napthali Asher Hart maybe because they are recorded on army base records in the census.

Given that Napthali was used to using alias names it is possible that he adopted another one following the death of his wife Edmee and particularly so if the family story about him leaving the country to avoid the police is true. The last record of him has his occupation as a stock broker dealer which raises the question where he got the money from to enter into that occupation.

The Forces War Records show an Arthur Roberts Private 1878 60th Rifles.There is another A Roberts Service No 2371 Private 4th Battalion 60th (Kings Royal Rifle Corp 1871 and A Roberts Sergeant 1879 60th Foot Service No 3202. It is unlikely that Napthali Asher Hart b 1858 is the same person as the A Roberts 1871 but no indication as to whether or not Arthur Roberts 1878 and A Roberts 1871 are one in the same.
    I have yet to access these records. The 1878 record appears to be a transcription and not the full attestation record as per the Arthur Robert Hart documents which include his full service.
    The Discharge section of Arthur Robert Hart in 1895 gives an address of 135 Blythe Road Hammersmith which appears to be where he was living possibly with his wife Edmee and children but this is not recorded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12