Thread: One small step

Wayne Langman

Default One small step

I, among others, believe that if only I can find the records I can connect all the families with the same name to a single source somewhere this side of Noah.
    I have just found another link.
    Sir John Lawrence Langman, close friend of Arthur Conan Doyle, Knighted for service in the Boar War, First Baronet, and general good guy, was one I was sure should be connected somehow.
    However the point where I lost the trail was around 1735, where his grand father was the last link.
    But yesterday success came out of nowhere. On a family message board I found a link to another site. On that site in the surname list was a name that matched the grandfather and had the right wife's name.
    Two clicks later and there was Sir John and best of all there was a link to his great and great-great grandfather. AND the next link was a name I recognized. My own G-G-G-G-G-G-Grandfather.
    Another link closed, and on to the next.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Sounds good, but how are you sure that these are the right people?

Wayne Langman

Default A small step

Quote Originally Posted by Squaredancer View Post
    Sounds good, but how are you sure that these are the right people?
    Very sorry for the delay but I have been wading the paper sea of late.
    My own research is grounded in the usual parish records and such. Sir John's ancestry is documented both in a visitation published in 1898, and Burk's Peerage
    The final link was a marriage record that gave a father that cross checked to my own records. I had the son listed but not his spouse. The marriage linked the families.
    I'm as sure as I can be............... for now.