Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Geoffers

Default A really, really simple competition.........

After some of the fiendish competitions posted here, how about something really simple in which everyone can have a go and it doesn't involve any complicated research?

I am slowly edging my way towards 10,000 postings on the forum - you lot have been very kind in putting up with my ramblings over the years.

Sooooooooo - all you have to do is to work out when, to the nearest minute, hour and date I will pass 10,000 postings on the forums.

You may enter once only - Post your answers here on this thread - or if you wish to be sneaky, you may enter by private message to me.

Entries are open from now and until I have made my 9,600th posting - after that it is a matter of waiting.

At the moment I am making 5.68 postings a day - BUT - I went on holiday recently and so the average dropped off slightly; also I shall not be telling you if I am going away in the near future which may also affect my average per day. One other factor may affect things and your guess as to when I reach the target - I help out at my local cricket club following the fortunes of my youngest son, acting as a scorer for adult and youth fixtures; so will I be about as much as in the close season? Will I compensate by trying to answer queries at all times of the day and night?

It's a bit of fun - add replies to this thread on anything to do with it; chat to each other about how you've reached your answer. The winner will be declared as soon as the 10,000th message is passed.

Prizes?............

Bo Peep has donated - 'Parish Registers A History and Guide' by Stuart Raymond, or, 'Coroners' Records in England and Wales' by Jeremy Gibson and Colin Rogers?

PLUS - you will get to spend up to £20 on anything you like at The Parish Chest.

It's easy peasy, have a go...........

MarkJ

14th July, 2009 is my guess Geoffers.

How did I come up with it? Well, it just *seemed* like a good day to pick
    No logic, no working it out - just sheer guess work

Mark

(PS - Is there a prize for the first guess? )

Hugh Thompson

Hi Geoffers, how about 10 AM 1st Oct 2009.
    Hugh.
    Last edited by Hugh Thompson; 02-05-2009 at 10:53 AM. Reason: wrong key

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ
    14th July, 2009 is my guess Geoffers.
    How did I come up with it? Well, it just *seemed* like a good day to pick
    No logic, no working it out - just sheer guess work
    Mark
    (PS - Is there a prize for the first guess?
    Sadly no prize for the first guess - but - you need to include a time hours and minutes.

Hi Geoffers, how about 10 AM 1st Oct 2009
    Duly noted..............how near will you be?

MarkJ

OK, 19.36 on the 14th July 2009!

(I assume this is GMT?)

Mark

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ
    (I assume this is GMT?)
    Mark
    Whatever is the leagally recognized time in the UK on the date which the guess is made; if you think it is in July then that will be BST................I'll feel really bad now if you're exactly an hour out!

BeeE586

July 22nd at 9.19 p.m.

It is the time and date of my grand-daughter's birth.

Eileen

AnnB

18th August 2009 at 5.35 pm - but whenever it is, may I be the first to say

Ann

Occasionally, just very occasionally, needs an umbrella!

2 August at 11.45 .... so no having an early lunch that day ...!!!
    Barbara

Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass - it is learning to dance in the rain

Summer

Hi Geoffers,
    My guess is 25th August 1010am. I haven't "calculated" using any method more scientific than that is my due date for my 2nd bubba!
    Cheers,
    Summer.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast