Alan Nancarrow

Default 1851 Census St Teath, Camelford

Hi,

Would some generous soul with the time mind checking the 1851 Census for a TREMAIN family, Robert (age abt 60) and Catherine (age abt 60). In the 1841 Census they were recorded at 'Knights Mill' with sons Thomas, Richard, Michael and William.

Thanks,
    Alan

Scottie

Only Robert and William in 1851 also at Knight's Mill, St Teath. Robert is 60 widower and a Miller and William is 31 and a Miller. Both born St Teath. He has Robert Tremain 18 born Wadebridge and a nephew with him. He is also a Miller.

Alan Nancarrow

Thanks very much, Scottie. That's great. I had found a death for a Catherine Tremain at Camelford in 1844, and I think this probably confirms her as being the one.

deansden

Exclamation Tremaine in Camelford

Hi

I have an Edward COLLING married Hepsibah Jose in Camelford in 1839. One of their children was Elizabeth Tremaine COLLING, I don't know if Tremaine is part of my line yet. I need to find Edward's parents who would be on the marriage certificate dec 1839 Camelford vol 9 pg 67. Thanks for any help Georgina Dean nee COLLING

Scottie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by deansden
    Hi

I have an Edward COLLING married Hepsibah Jose in Camelford in 1839. One of their children was Elizabeth Tremaine COLLING, I don't know if Tremaine is part of my line yet. I need to find Edward's parents who would be on the marriage certificate dec 1839 Camelford vol 9 pg 67. Thanks for any help Georgina Dean nee COLLING
    Hi Georgina,
    The Tremain is on Hepsibah's side. Her parents were Digory Jose and Joan Tremain according to the IGI but this is a submission so I do not know how accurate it will be.

Elizabeth of T

Post TREMAIN family of Padstow, St Minver & St Teath

Hello Alan and All,
    I am descended from Robert TREMAIN and Honor (EDE) previously of St Minver and later, from about 1780s, of Knights Mill, St Teath. And also from their son, Robert TREMAIN and his wife Catherine (THOMAS) of Knights Mill in the parish of St Teath.
    I would be interested to hear from any one who is descended from the TREMAIN family of Padstow 1600s+, St Minver 1700s+ and St Teath 1780s+
    With thanks
    Elizabeth