Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Alf

I descend directly from Peter Packard born in 1703. His father George, grandfather John and so on.

Ben

alfred girling

Ben,

I have emailed the owner of the document i have, it is 377 pages and has all the info you need. I have asked him if you can contact him personally or would it be ok to send you a copy. I think he will be interested as you are both connected to this line. I feel that i owe him this courtesy so i hope you will bear with me.

Alf

Hi Alf

I would certainly love a copy. Would be be able to email the copy to me through a PDF or someting?

Ben

alfred girling

Ben,

I sent you a note but there is no record of one so here is another one.
    I have got the ok to give you the document i will send it by email. after peter were you packards or did the name change.

Alf

Hi Alf

I shall PM you my email.

No my Packards always remained Packards. No spelling variation change.

Ben

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default girlings suffolk london east

I know I am replying to posts made in 2009 but am hoping that either Ben or Alfred see this. I am also descended from the above line of Packards. From Peter I go down to Joseph, Joseph, Thomas, Thomas and finally to Ellen Packard who is my great grandmother. She emigrated to Canada with her husband James Yates in the early 1900's and ended up in British Columbia. I also have a tentative marriage of Mary Packard, b 1793 (dau of George Packard and Helen Whistle) marrying a Richard Girling 10/9/1720. True? I am also very interested in obtaining a copy of that 337 page document. I am presently working on verifying information gleaned from various sources from Peter Packard all the way up to Robert Packard. Not sure I have much access to records for 1410 but I am working on it. Got my fingers crossed one of you (or both) reply.
    Thanks, Ginny

alfred girling

Default re packard file

it seems my email to you has not worked, my email is awgirlingATliveDOTcomDOTau I should be able to send you the file. all the best alf girling
    Last edited by christanel; 04-05-2015 at 3:01 AM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Mary Packard and Richard Girling

I see that you are interested in the Packard family. I can confirm the marriage between Richard Girling and Mary Packard in 1720 at Dennington.
    She may be the Mary Girling who was buried at Framlingham on 9 Apr 1724 and perhaps Richard was also buried there on 21 Jun 1724. Alternatively, she might be the Mary Girling buried in Dennington in 1772 aged 81.
    What is more difficult is to confirm the connections prior to John Packard who died at Hoxne in 1697, as at that point there is a lack of full records, and the connections found on the internet do not tie up with some of the underlying prime source documents which I have checked.
    I am at the moment writing up the family history for the Packard family, and woudl therefore be very interested to learn what you have discovered.
    Wishing you every success in your researches
    Giles Colchester

Quote Originally Posted by mandabea47 View Post
    I know I am replying to posts made in 2009 but am hoping that either Ben or Alfred see this. I am also descended from the above line of Packards. From Peter I go down to Joseph, Joseph, Thomas, Thomas and finally to Ellen Packard who is my great grandmother. She emigrated to Canada with her husband James Yates in the early 1900's and ended up in British Columbia. I also have a tentative marriage of Mary Packard, b 1793 (dau of George Packard and Helen Whistle) marrying a Richard Girling 10/9/1720. True? I am also very interested in obtaining a copy of that 337 page document. I am presently working on verifying information gleaned from various sources from Peter Packard all the way up to Robert Packard. Not sure I have much access to records for 1410 but I am working on it. Got my fingers crossed one of you (or both) reply.
    Thanks, Ginny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12