Richard Miller

Smile Gilbert White Lamond McRae

Hi Folks

I am trying to locate the birth and marriage of Gilbert White Lamond McRae. From the 1871 Census I have found him living at 6 Hasborough Street, Paddington with his daughter Jane Susan Garrett (nee McRae) and her Husband Charles William Garrett and family.
    Gilbert William Lamond McRay 61 born Oldchurch, Edinburgh, Scotland Occupation House Painter
    Jane McRay 58 born Bridport, Dorset
    Charles McRay 19 Born Limehouse, Middlesex National School Teacher.

I have been unable to find a marriage which I presumed would have taken place in Bridport Dorset since Gilbert's wife Jane was born there as was their first child (according to the IGI) Jane Susan Maccree who was baptised at St. Mary's Bridport, Dorset on 7 Jul 1839 with parents who were Gilbert White Macree and Jane.

I have been unable to find any indication of either marriage or birth in Free BMD, and have considered that the marriage may have taken place in Scotland, and even that the birth of the first child may have been registered in Scotland.

I am unsure how to go about locating the marriage and birth if they were registered in Scotland. Also I don't know how to find a date of birth for Gilbert McRae in Edinburgh.

any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Richard

Famous for offering help & advice sue2white's Avatar

You can search for BMD at Scotland's people

Good Luck.

Sue