Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Dominic
    On the Cohen and Cassirer site you will see some of my own data including the relationships my Hart line had with James Simmons and the marriage of David Lawrence Levy to Jane Cohen. I have posted some of this data on BJ Jewis Roots under " David Lawrence Levy and Jane Cohen" and "David Hart-Sarah Simmons".
    May or may not be any connection to your various lines but worth a look.
    Phillip

Dominic
    Is this Lipman Levy who married Hannah Jonas ( Jones)? GSM 309/1 and who died 4 June 1894 at 10 Artillery Passage Bishpsgate. Hannah daughter of Solomon Jonas and Rosa Joseph?
    Phillip

Dominic
    The Lipman Levy who is with Martha #19 is not the same person who married Hannah Jones ( Jonas). Synagogue Scribes GSM 309/1 has a record of this marriage 18 Oct 1835. Lipman's father's Hebrew name- Menachem Ha Levi. Hannah's father Hebrew name Pinchas Zelig. See also Cemetery Scribes Person ID 16182 which has the census records plus death of Lipman in 1894.

Also, Lipman and Hannah appear in the 1841 Census at 38 Waterloo Road St.George The Martyr -HO 107 1086 7 ( Crown Copyright,TNA)- Lipman Levy 25 General Dealer; Hannah Levy 25; Henry Levy 4; Manuel Levy 2.
    Helps you to rule out that line unless of course it does relate to you.
    Phillip

Dom1

Well spotted Phillip, that probably explains why the 1841 c is missing from most of the trees. I now remember that Hannah Jones (wife of Lipman) is related to the family of Samuel Eliezer Moses (-1865) and Rachel (nee Abrahams) most of whose descendants married into various branches of my family, one of these was Henry Moses who married my grt...aunt Esther (nee Nathan) and whose children changed their name to Beddington. These Jonas's are not related to my Jonas family on my maternal grandfather's side.

Jane Cohen is not mine, but the Charlotte Cohen who married David Lawrence Levy is. This is why these 2 Cohen families cause confusion, especially when 2 Cohens marry.

Dominic
    Is this Rachel Moses nee Abrahams-Synagogue Scribes NA1023 died 1824- widow;children- Henry,Jacob,David, Charlotte m ? Bennett;Dianah m ? Nathan.

If you should spot at any time a Moses Moses father of Henry Moses clothier of Rosemary Lane and 104 Leman St who married Rosa Hart daughter of Benjamin Hart clothier;slop seller Rosemary Lane and later Leman St I would be very interested
    Phillip

Dom1

Re: Rachel Abrahams - I have taken guidance from another tree which shows her to be the wife of Eliezer Wantsmoney (on the cemetry scribe family tree his spouse is unknown, so Rachel might be incorrect). Grandson Henry (son of John Jacob Moses and Clara (nee Jonas) married Esther Nathan. Descendants of Eliezer's other children's also married many of my cousins.

Is Moses Moses the husband of Elizabeth (nee Levy) and father of Elias Moses who married Julia (nee Moses)? If so then Elias is on my tree as 2 of his children married cousins.

Dominic

Dominic
    My Moses/Hart line connects through marriage to the Gluckstein/Phillips/Scott/Joseph/Davis/Cohen - the sons of Henry Moses and Rosa Hart included Sylvester and Montague. I know nothing about Henry Moses parents other than his father was Moses nor do I know about his siblings. My Benjamin Hart line including his sons and daughter Rosa barring one son were all clothiers.
    Phillip

Dominic
    You probably have this already but if not- Death Henry Moses 3.12.1875 20 Brunswick Square Brighton after a weeks illness of 2 Park Square W.Regents Park age 85- son in law Louis Nathan;eldest son Edward H Beddington- Esther Moses wife;Henry Edward Beddington grandson;Annette Beddington granddaughter;Esther Julia Leon nee Beddington granddaughter;Harriet Beddington granddaughter;Rose Beddington granddaughter. Death -Esther Moses 23.10.1877 widow of Henry Moses 2 Park Square W Regents Park age 82- will proved by Alfred Henry Beddington 8 Cornwall Terrace Regents Park and John Henry Beddington 16 Sussex Place Regents Park - source Jewish Chronicle
    Phillip

Dominic
    May be worth setting up a new thread on your lines to save confusion with Turnpike Levy. In the meantime, I noted that Synagogue Scribes has the marriage GSM 106/18 7 Jan 1807 of John Moses to Clara Jonas with John's father Hebrew name-Eliezer from Speyer Wantsmoney. I then noted the marraige of Abraham Duglas GSM057/3 3 Aug 1800 -father Jacob Wantsmoney. Abraham married a Polly surname not known. Abraham's father Hebrew name-Abraham b Jacob Wantsmoney Duglas.
    I do not know if this Jacob relates to Eliezer other than that they share " Wantsmoney" as their name.
    However, if you read " Eliakim ben Abraham ( Jacob Hart). An Anglo Jewish scholar of the 18th Century." Rev Arthur Barnett Jewish Historical Society of England May 24 1938 ( online) you can see data on Jacob ben Abraham Douglas- Jacob Abrahams known by the nickname "Wantsmoney" derived from Vantzmania in Wintzenheim Lorraine- see the Old Bailey trial 1751 involving Henry Simons and James Ashley indicted and Jacob appears as a witness. The academic paper indicates why Jacob changed his name because of the trail and the ill feeling it generated against him. There is more data on the Hart/Douglas lines- see what you think.
    Phillip

lionsmom

I am descended from both Daniel Levy (through his son Ernest Abraham) and Moses Levy (through his daughter Isabella - who married Ernest). I am persuaded that Daniel was a brother of the Turnpike Levys (Lewis and Nathaniel) but I am not persuaded that Moses (father of Isabella and Matilda and Rebecca who married Van Praaghs) was another brother. Daniel's and the Turnpikes' father was Yehuda/Judah; "my" Moses' father was Eliezer. The handwritten notes in the SOG do put Moses in the picture but I haven't yet found any backup evidence for this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123