Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    forestlea65

Default Mary Ann Preddy -b Linton c 1854

I'm looking for any information on Mary Ann Preddy, daughter of William Preddy and Susan, born in the Linton area abt 1854. Mary Ann married a Richard Baker in 1876 at the Primitive Methodist Church in Monmouth. So far I've been unable to confirm her birth or baptism.

Thanks
    Forestlea

Growing old Disgracefully

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by forestlea65 View Post
    I'm looking for any information on Mary Ann Preddy, daughter of William Preddy and Susan, born in the Linton area abt 1854. Mary Ann married a Richard Baker in 1876 at the Primitive Methodist Church in Monmouth. So far I've been unable to confirm her birth or baptism.

Thanks
    Forestlea
    Hi
    have you found this

Marriages Dec qtr 1847
    Susanna BOUGHTON Westbury on S. 11 769
    William PREDDY Westbury on Severn 11 769

Sandy

Have you discounted the Mary Ann Preddy birth registered Keynsham Gloucestershire Sept 1/4 1853 vol 5c page 683?
    I throw it in to the pot because Eliza and Charles, Mary Ann's two younger siblings on the 1861 census were born in Gloucestershire (Newent) so the family did move around a little.
    Christina

forestlea65

Default Mary Ann Preddy -1854

Hi Sandy

Thanks for the information. Since posting the thread I have sent an e-mail to the registry office -Forest-of-Dean asking if they hold the record for the marriage certificate for Mary Ann Preddy and Richard Baker. There seems to be some confusion as to whether Linton at the time came under Hereford or Gloucestershire. You linking the marriage to Westbury -on-Severn and the name Boughton is a great help - go to the top of the class!!

Thanks again

Terry

forestlea65

Default Mary Ann Preddy

Hi Christanel

Thanks for the information, people moved about quite a bit in the past. I'm following up a lead from Sandy who found a ,marriage between Susanna Boughton and William Preddy in 1847 at Westbury-on-Severn. I think that this may be the one, if not I'll try the one you suggested at Keynsham.

Thanks again, greatly appreciated

Terry

Growing old Disgracefully

Smile

Terry
    Have you found them on the Census with the other children.

Sandy

georgiep

Hi Sandy asked if you have found them in census.
    This could be them in 1861...B something Cross Newland
    William 43 bn Newent Glos agr labr
    Susan 39 bn ?? Worcs
    Wm 10 Mary A 8 both bn Linton, Herefordshire
    Eliza 5, bn Glos Newent, Charles 1 bn Newand Glos
    RG9/3980/89/8

Kind regards
    Georgie

forestlea65

Default Mary Ann Preddy

Hi Georgie

Say thanks to Sandy -I'll check it out. I am following the route of checking for the marriage of Mary Ann Preddy's parents William Preddy and I think it's Susan(na) ?Broughton in 1847. I've contacted the Registrar Office in the Forest-of-Dean who have found a marriage for a William Preddy in 1847 but are unable to clearly make out the name of the bride. This could be the one, it sounds promising.

Thank Sandy again for her contribution- it's appreciated.

Terry

georgiep

Default Boughton

Hi Terry
    1851 has Susanna's birthplace as Redmarley in Worcs 1824.
    There is a baptism in IGI, won't spoil your fun.

Regards
    Georgie

forestlea65

Default Mary Ann Preddy

Hi Georgie

Redmarley is a small place about 4-5 miles north east of Newent. According to Google maps it is located in Gloucester near Worcester which may explain why it was included in the 1824 Worcester census. It looks like Susanna Boughton (Mary's mother) was born in Redmarley but got married to William Preddy in 1847 at Westbury-on-Severn(Glouc). Mary Ann Preddy was later born at Linton on the Hereford border. If this is right then I need to check for confirmation across three counties. My main hope is that the marriage link comes up positive. If I am successful at chasing this up I'll post it B-G Forums

Thanks for your and Sandy's interest and contribution , you've both been a great help.

Terry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast