Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jaspy

Default Nympsfield Orphanage run by nuns

I am looking for info on this place run by nuns in Gloucestershire. I want info from the 1920's and 30's. The nuns are still there and won't talk to me.
    Anyone know who would keep their records?
    They are Marist?

Marie C..

If they won't talk to you then that may be because it's too soon and they are simply being discreet.
    There is a Catholic Family History Society. Google for details. It might well be helpful as to what you might do. M

SBSFamilyhistory

The convent in Nympsfield is Marist. Could it have been a children's home rather than an orphanage.

Sue

jaspy

Default Re

It might have been - my nan always calls it an orphanage. They would not talk to her either so I doubt their discretion!
    What difference would it make - might they have records for a children's home? and not make the connection for an orphange?

Marie C..

There is a site
    www.
    careleaversreunited.com which has a list of homes etc and the convent at Nymspfield is included. You have to register with it to get any info.
    I don't know whether it's allowed to put it on here but a Mod will remove it if not.M

Quote Originally Posted by Marie C.. View Post
    There is a site
    www.
    careleaversreunited.com which has a list of homes etc and the convent at Nymspfield is included. You have to register with it to get any info.
    I don't know whether it's allowed to put it on here but a Mod will remove it if not.M
    OK by me Marie.

Marie C..

Thanks Neil.

jaspy

Default Re

Thanks. I have just posted on there for her.
    Just trying to figure out her past with her.

Rita68

Default Nympsfield Convent

Hi I have lived in the Convent in Nympsfiled, I lived there from being a 1 year old. What is it you would like to know?

Rita

Dizzy600

Hi Rita,

You could click on jaspy's name and send a private message to make contact if her email is still current.

Karen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast