Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    seasickken

Default PASQUALE VERRECHIA

Hi All,
    Rumour now has it that Pasquale married Maria (Franchitto) in Riga.
    Riga is in Latvia, which was then in Russia, however if you think about it, it would have been a hell of a trip to get there from Italy.
    FINBAR I think your'e right and it is Riga in Italy as the Verrecchia name originates from that area, or north of it anyway.
    Verrecchie is in fact a village near the town of Cappadocia, in the province of L'Aquila(recent earthquake.)
    I'm going down this route now,
    Cheers all Ken

Knowledgeable and helpful

Wishing you luck with your searching. It's great you have information to work from. Pop back if you get stuck again. Thanks Ken, it's been very interesting.
    Browneyes

seasickken

Unhappy HELLO AGAIN

I think I'm back to square one again.
    Another verrechia cousin has said that it is widely regarded that Antonio was born in Russia, and that Pasquale and Maria got married there?
    Nobody has any written evidence apart from the 1911 census, would I be right in thinking that the 1911 census was actually filled in by the head of household? This being the case Pasquale was the Head and he has written Antonio born in russia.
    Any copies of 1891 and 1901 census for Verrechia's in Croydon would be most welcome if possible.
    Ken

Knowledgeable and helpful

I'm wondering if Antonio was born in Russia but registered elsewhere. For example there is an Antonio Verrechia on A...y born in 1894 registered in Southampton. There are various links you could look at on genealogylinks.net/europe/russia/index.html. and also feefhs.org/links/russia.html
    Browneyes

Thomasin

Quote Originally Posted by seasickken View Post
    Any copies of 1891 and 1901 census for Verrechia's in Croydon would be most welcome if possible.
    1891 - entered as VERRECTIA

VERRECTIA Bernard Lodger husband 56 Ice Cream Seller Italy
    VERRECTIA Maria Lodgers wife 55 Ice Cream Seller Italy
    VERRECTIA Preppino(a) Lodgers daughter 15 Ice Cream Seller Italy
    VERRECTIA Floria Lodgers daughter 11 Ice Cream Seller Italy

The rest of the household (Dellafera) are street musicians.

11 Overtons Yard, Croydon
    Ref: RG12 586 136 12

Thomasin

seasickken

I got a copy of the southampton birth certificate over a year ago, the parents are not the same though and I've been mooching about trying various things since

Debbiedebs

Hi ive recently been informed the verrecchias left cardito as a large travelling group on foot. My first record is of mary fedela verrecchia getting married in 1894 in Bradford she then moved to Huddersfield. Apparently the verrecchias arrived in London italian quarters some settled in croydon and our branch moved to Bradford. Fedela said she came with just her father giacomo because her mother got frostbite in Russia so she returned to Italy with the younger children. The Verrecchias were in Bradford on the 1891 census but giacomo and fedela werent. So presume they arrived to live with cousins between 1892 and 1894.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123