Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JPBeds

Hello Norma, Sorry, there are no entries for any Chapmans in Milton Bryant.

There is only one Joseph, possible a child in a family removed from Potton to Eversholt in 1817.

There are 3 Elizabeths, but from Dunstable & Bedford, dated 1737 & 1792

regards John

davidcarca

Judging by parish records entries they were the only Chapmans in Milton Bryan, and as Joseph was of the right age and of Milton Bryan, and as he seemed to disappear, I think it's very probable that the husband of Elizabeth and the one who was transported are one and same person.

You may find something in the Overseers accounts which would add to the evidence eg relief paid to Elizabeth as her husband was transported

David

Norma Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by JPBeds View Post
    Hello Norma, Sorry, there are no entries for any Chapmans in Milton Bryant.

There is only one Joseph, possible a child in a family removed from Potton to Eversholt in 1817.

There are 3 Elizabeths, but from Dunstable & Bedford, dated 1737 & 1792

regards John
    Thanks for the info John it was worth looking.

Where would I find the Overseers accounts?

Norma

Norma Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by davidcarca View Post
    Judging by parish records entries they were the only Chapmans in Milton Bryan, and as Joseph was of the right age and of Milton Bryan, and as he seemed to disappear, I think it's very probable that the husband of Elizabeth and the one who was transported are one and same person.

You may find something in the Overseers accounts which would add to the evidence eg relief paid to Elizabeth as her husband was transported

David
    Thanks David for the info, I did realise there were no other Chapman`s in Milton Bryant,
    I will try and find out where the Overseers accounts are.
    I`m pretty sure the Joseph transported was my 3 x Gt Grandfather, I have got to look at Milton Bryant parish records see if anything is mentioned there.

Norma

JPBeds

Not proof, but most likely he was ..

Joseph chr 24/08/1817 Milton Bryant, was son of Joseph & Elizabeth Chapman. Joseph Chapman married Elizabeth Wikam/Wipham/Whipham at Tilsworth on 29/09/1814. There is also a baptism of Mary 23/07/1815.

Joseph (senior) was age 24 when got sent abroad in 1817 = born 1793
    Elizabeth buried in 1824 (5 months after her children) at age 31 = born 1793

There is a Joseph chr 16/09//1792 at Tilsworth, parents William & Elizabeth Chapman. Could not find a baptism for Elizabeth on IGI.

Noted that Joseph (junior) & wife Mary & children are living in Tilsworth on 1841 & 1851 censuses.

As well as looking for info at Milton Bryant you should try at Tilworth, She may have gone back to her home village after husband went away.

Regards John

Norma Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by JPBeds View Post
    Not proof, but most likely he was ..

Joseph chr 24/08/1817 Milton Bryant, was son of Joseph & Elizabeth Chapman. Joseph Chapman married Elizabeth Wikam/Wipham/Whipham at Tilsworth on 29/09/1814. There is also a baptism of Mary 23/07/1815.

Joseph (senior) was age 24 when got sent abroad in 1817 = born 1793
    Elizabeth buried in 1824 (5 months after her children) at age 31 = born 1793

There is a Joseph chr 16/09//1792 at Tilsworth, parents William & Elizabeth Chapman. Could not find a baptism for Elizabeth on IGI.

Noted that Joseph (junior) & wife Mary & children are living in Tilsworth on 1841 & 1851 censuses.

As well as looking for info at Milton Bryant you should try at Tilworth, She may have gone back to her home village after husband went away.

Regards John
    Hi John
    As you say not proof, I have a lot of info on Tilsworth, but will look again as I do have some of the parish records for there.
    Thanks for looking very much appreciated.

Norma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12