Dixie

Question Cramond House Edinburgh

Can anyone tell me what was at Cramond House Edinburgh in 1950. I am researching my family history and the address shows as the place of residence for the mother on a birth certificate. Any information would be helpful.

There's quite a lot on Cramond House on Google, including this from The Crammond Association Website

The central portion was built in the 1680s as the laird’s next house. In 1778 a classical front was added, while the back was added in 1820.to make the final imposing mansion. Queen Victoria visited while at Holyrood. It is claimed as a possible original of R. L. Stevenson’s “House of Shaws”. Now owned by Cramond Kirk and used as the headquarters of the Scottish Wildlife Trust.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Dixie

Thanks for the info but I have googled Cramond House but can't find what it was used as in 1950 and why it would be given as an address for the particular person I am researching.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default I have some information about Cramond House

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Can anyone tell me what was at Cramond House Edinburgh in 1950. I am researching my family history and the address shows as the place of residence for the mother on a birth certificate. Any information would be helpful.

Are you still researching Cramond House? I know your post is quite old, but I can help you!