Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    JoWest

Red face West/Watt/Wiseman's in Gardenstown(Gamrie)

Hi, I am researching my family tree and have traced my ancestors back to Gardenstown (formerly known as Gamrie) in Banffshire, Scotland. My tree is full of West's, Watt's and Wiseman's, and some Wilson's, Sutherland's and Geddes. I would love to hear from anyone who may have links or information on these names in Gardenstown or Banffshire in general. Bit vague and a bit of a long shot I know, but I can give plenty more info to anyone who gets in touch. Thanks alot, Jo.

chambers

Default Wiseman query

I have been researching my family tree of Wiseman's from Gamrie, and have come to a halt for now, any info would be greatly appreciated.

My Great Grandfather was Alexander Wiseman Born 4th July 1861 at Gamrie, and died 16th March 1933. He married Elizabeth Masson Born 18th Jan 1885, had 3 children, Alexander (Grandfather) Born 11th July 1890, Ann Born 1895 and Helen Born 1898.

My Great Great Grandfather John Wiseman Born 29th 1811 at Gamrie, and died 17th April 1885. He married Agnes Gatt from Pennan on 5th May 1833 and had 10 children.

My GGG Grandfather was called William Wiseman born Gamrie 10/10/178?, married Ann Watt, and had 6 children.

And lastly my GGGG Grandfather was called Alexander Wiseman from Gamrie, who married Elspet Watt (sorry no dates).

Don't know if this has been of any help to you, however please get back in touch.
    Best Regards,
    Graham Wiseman.

JoWest

Hi Graham,
    When I compared the names in your tree to those in mine the only familiar one I found was Helen Wiseman. I am only a few months into building my tree so I still have a long way to go and I don't have the parents of my Helen Wiseman or a date of birth yet, just some guess work which tells me she must have been born around 1890, which would fit with your Helen. In my tree she married Gilbert West and had atleast 3 children. Could we have the same Helen Wiseman? Not sure how we can figure this one out but let me know what you think??!! Thanks, Joanna.

chambers

Smile Helen Wiseman

Hi Jo,
    Your Helen Wiseman is not the same one as i have in my tree, the one i have was born 1898, and married a Turnbull, they divorced (a rare event in those day's) and remarried a Macrae, who was a brother of Helen's brothers wife, so a Brother and Sister married a Brother and Sister, bit confusing eh!
    Sorry could'nt help further, good luck & best wishes on your search.
    Regards,
    Graham.

ikciv5001

Smile West,Gatt,Duthie,Watt,Robertson,Sim,Wiseman etc...

Hi Jo Ann

I believe that you are the Jo Ann that I was told to get in contact with pertaining to the above surnames.

My family is decendants of John West and Susan Robertson in Pennan.

What I would like to know did any of the West families have bye/tee names???

I have been also trying to find out if the West families in Banffshire,Gardentown and Pennan are related and how they are related.

Would you have any idea?????

Vicki

jeffrey.bean

Hi Jo, have you found any referance to a David Watt b. approx.1852 in Scotland. David married Elizabeth Evans in West Derby Lancashire in the 2nd quarter 1879. By 1891 they are living in Blackburn Lan.

Thanks,
    Jeff

wilso127

Default WISEMAN Surname Trace from ElginSh. to Antrim

Has anyone here done an ancestral trace for the surname Wiseman, possibly originating in Elginshire in the time of The Wallace, down to the Western Lowlands, and then over to County Antrim as Plantation settlers in the 17th Century? With documents or documentation, I can only get back to Ballywatermoy Townland (near Cullybackey) ca. 1813, when a James Wiseman, married to a Margaret Dunlap, became the father of ARCHIBALD WISEMAN who in turn emigrated to the US, and was in Newburgh, NY after 1836.

BrianPaul

Default Wiseman's from Gamrie

Hello,
    My grandmother was a Wiseman from Gamrie. her father was James Wiseman, son of George Wiseman and Margaret Duncan. George was the son of James Wiseman and Elspeth Wiseman. It does go further back, to the earliest ones.
    Do you recognise any of the names?
    All the best,
    Brian

Been

Doing research I came across this Graham,

JOHN WISEMAN (BARBARA, JOHN, GILBERT) (Source: gro image-Scotlandspeople Site.) was born 24 Sep 1811 in Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland, and died 17 Apr 1885 in Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland (Source: gro image-Scotlandspeople Site.). He married AGNES GATT (Source: gro image-Scotlandspeople Site.) 05 May 1838 in Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland (Source: gro image-Scotlandspeople Site.), daughter of WILLIAM GATT and AGNES GATT. She was born 22 Dec 1820 in Pennan Village, Aberdour, Aberdeen, Scotland, and died 12 Dec 1898 in Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland.

More About JOHN WISEMAN:

More About AGNES GATT:
    Date born 2: 22 Dec 1820

More About JOHN WISEMAN and AGNES GATT:
    Marriage: 05 May 1838, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland (Source: gro image-Scotlandspeople Site.)

Children of JOHN WISEMAN and AGNES GATT are:

i. ANN WISEMAN, b. 10 Jul 1839, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland; d. 15 May 1917, Macduff, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland.
    ii. AGNES WISEMAN, b. 06 May 1841, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland; d. 04 Dec 1900, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland.
    iii. MARGARET WISEMAN, b. 30 Oct 1842, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland.
    iv. BARBARA WISEMAN, b. 05 Aug 1843, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland; d. 25 Jan 1919, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland.
    v. WILLIAM WISEMAN, b. 30 Sep 1845, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland; d. 04 Mar 1920, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland.
    vi. JOHN WISEMAN, b. 04 May 1852, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland.
    vii. SARAH WISEMAN, b. 26 Nov 1854, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland.
    viii. ALEXANDER WISEMAN, b. 04 Jul 1860, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland; d. 16 Mar 1933, Cairnblug, Inverallochy, Rathen, Aberdeen, Scotland.
    ix. JAMES WISEMAN, b. Abt. 1863, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland; d. 24 Jan 1934, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland; m. BARBARA ANN ANDERSON, 28 Sep 1888, Church of Scotland,Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland; b. 30 Nov 1863, Crovie, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland; d. Abt. 1940, Gardenstown, Gamrie, Banff, Scotland.

Are these your ancestors?

(Been).

chambers

Default Yes these are my ancestors

Hi Been,
    John Wiseman and Agnes Gatt were my ggg Grandparents. Do you have any more info, thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Graham Wiseman

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast