Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    olliepolly

Hi
    these look like they are same as mine, are these also your rellies can I ask ?
    olliepolly
    x

olliepolly

Hi again

James Watt 1851-1948 and Barbara Gatt 1850-1929 had a daughter Mary Ann Gatt Watt 1891-1932 who married George William Watt 1891-1943. Mary and George were my Grandparents. I have all the names of James and Barbara's children if you are interested in them.

olliepolly
    x

olliepolly

I spent some more time looking at the bigger picture especially to do with your Barbara Gatt b.1 Apr 1850 m. (11 Dec 1875) James Watt b.16 Oct 1851 & could trace that Watt side back to John Watt m. Annie (Ann) Watt but never got any further back than James Gatt m. Jane McKay on the other side...
    However another two found attached to that Gatt family were:-
    (1) John Gatt b.19 Sep 1852 m. (abt 1875) Mary Elizabeth Wiseman b.23 Oct 1854.
    (2) Alexander Gatt b.13 Nov 1854 m. (29 Sep 1887) Margaret Jean Gatt b.27 Sep 1857.
    Any help?
    Been.[/QUOTE]

sorry, which part of the family do John and Alexander Gatt come from i.e. are they James Gatt and Jane Mckay's children?? if so I have other children to add to that. ?? sorry to bombard you with questions but when I get information I have to get it sorted in my head properly.
    olliepolly
    x

x

Been

Well olliepolly to try & answer some of your questions:
    (1)
    Your WATT ancestors are not directly mine but with so many connections (i.e. most of Gamrie appears to be related one way or another...) here are a couple of ours that appear close:-

Brothers:
    WILLIAM WATT b.1 Dec 1762 (your line) JAMES WATT b.14 Dec 1767 (my line)

Brother & sister (John & Barbara):
    HELEN WATT b.15 Nov 1812 d.6 Mar 1895 (your line)
    Parents JOHN WATT b.23 Apr 1778 m. HELEN CRAIK b.abt 1779

JOHN WATT b.23 Apr 1778 (your line) BARBARA WATT b.27 Aug 1787 (mine line)

I also have (to name a few...) WISEMAN, GATT, RITCHIE, OGILVIE, KINNAIRD, ANDERSON, HEPBURN, WILSON within my branches, all from Gamrie.

(2)
    James and Barbara's children (James Watt 1851-1948 and Barbara Gatt 1850-1929) - yes, I would be interested in that information.
    May I ask what WATT line did your grandfather George William Watt 1891-1943 come from?

(3)
    John and Alexander Gatt do indeed show up as James Gatt and Jane Mckay's children.

Been.

olliepolly

Hi
    If you send me your email i will send you invite for family tree on tribal pages.
    which is correct to the best of my knowledge. I also have wiseman, gatt ritchie ogilive hepburn in mine.
    Olliepolly
    x

isabeldunbar

My Grandmotheror Helen Wiseman and she was from Gradenstown. She Married William Dunbar and came to the US. She had a brother Alex Wiseman. I wonder if their is any connection. I am named after my Grandmother my middle name is Helen. I know my older brothers use to go to Scotland with my Gradparents when they were young. I do have some family pics of Helen and William and my Great gGrand parents but only have a first name of my Great Grandmother of Mary Jane. I would be more than happy to copy the pics if there is a family conection if you would like them. Iam also looking for info on the family name of Cowe.

isabeldunbar

I forgot to mention that either my uncle or my Grandfather was in th Royal Navy and I may have a pic of Alex wiseman if it is the same one. If there is a way to post pics maybe it would help I think there wer 2 brothers Alex and one other.

isabeldunbar

Sorry just spoke to my mother who has all the info. the Helen wisman that was my Grand Mother was a twinwhose name was David. Her other brother was mnamed William. The Alex in my family was a Dunbar. However there wasa an Ann Watt in the family and also a Barbara. I may be able to get dates. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it. Isabel

isabeldunbar

Just spoke to her again and this time she had the book of family history in front of her.So here is what I have:
    John Wiseman m. Barbara Alexander not sure on date.
    Children:
    Isabella (1/7/1950 died) m. William Watts
    William m. Annie Watts ( 8/290/1960d.)
    David (b. 4/12/1893 d. 4/10 1970) m. Betsy Ritchie. David was Helen's Twin
    Helen (b. 4/12/1893 d. 5/16/1974) m. William Dunbar- My Grandparents. William came to the US in 1923 and Helen in 1928.
    Annie or Anna Wiseman (d.6/11/1976) m John Wiseman from another line.
    Other info:
    Alexander Wiseman brother of John m. Helen Alexander sister of Barbara no dates
    had a daughter Barabra Helen who m. James Cowe who went by Sannie or Sanny
    Sanny was swept off Fishing boat in 1965 durring a hurricane and drown.
    info of interest:
    John Wiseman was a lay preacher of the Brethern Church in Gamery.
    other family not sure who they are these may be the children of Annie:
    Elizabeth d. 1972
    John d.1974
    Barbara Helen ????
    James never married lived in Fraserburgh no dates.
    Isabel

Been

Hi Isabel (& welcome to the forum),

I don't know much about your family but decided to look and see if I had any useful information to offer you?

The following was taken from the 1891 Gardenstown Census:

36/
    John Wiseman (m.23/10/1882) (Fish.) 32 H (b.13/3/1858)(d.1/1/1949 A. 90)
    (F. William Wiseman. M. Jessie Watt)
    Barbara Wiseman (m/s Alexander) 30 W (b.11/7/1860)(d.21/9/1901 A. 41)
    (F. John Alexander. M. Ann Nicol.)
    Isabella (Scholar) 11 D (b.1880)(Mar. William Watt 1901)
    William " 9 S (b.1881)(Mar. 1st. Helen Murray 1903.
    Mar. 2nd. Ann Watt 1919)
    Anne Nicol Wiseman 3 D (b.1887)(Mar. John Wiseman 1908)

Kind regards,
    Been.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast