alanlee2406

Default Hudson Family Newcastle

Has any one any info on the Hudson family Edward Hudson was the father Margaret his wife and Margaret his daughter she is the one i am trying to find out about i think she married my G Gandfather Allan Lee, he was from Yorkshire I have the 1861 census on the Hudsons but does anyone have any thing else. thanks Alan.

Nicolina

you give no dates so it is difficult for anyone to help.

Is your Allan LEE the one born Gomersall about 1844 and living at 46 De Grey Street, Bradford, in 1881?
    If so it means that Margaret was born in Newcastle about 1850. The only one I can find on the 1851 Census is Mary Margaret HUDSON, daughter of Edward and Mary Ann (not Margaret).

alanlee2406

Default Hudson

Hi Nicolina thanks for replying sorry about the dates yes thats the right Allan Lee but his wife is a mystery i have been looking at the wrong Margaret Hudson the one I thought it was is from whittingham her father was George born 1824 but in the 1871 census Allan & Margaret are living as lodgers in Yorkshire,with a John Hudson and Whittingham Margaret is still at home, a marage date for them would be great but i can't find that. i don't know if thay were married in Northumberland or Yorkshire,
    Thanks Alan.

Nicolina

the nearest that I can find, on the 1871 Census, is:
    RG10 piece 4558 folio 83 page 7
    Back Benson Street, Leeds
    LEE, Alan, Head abt. 1842 Leeds, Yorkshire occ: Leather Dresser
    LEE, Mary M Wife abt. 1845 Leeds, Yorkshire occ: Tailoress
    LEE, Jane E C Daughter abt. 1870 Leeds, Yorkshire

this fits perfectly with the marriage in 1869 between Alan LEE & Mary Marie COLLETT, but not with the 1881 Census details.

I've found a few marriages, in Durham & Newcastle between 1861 & 1870, for Margaret HUDSON but none of them married anyone with a name similar to Allan's.
    FMP gives Allan's eldest daughter's place of birth as "Birmingham, Durham" ( should be Beamish Park) which is no help although with an estimated d.o.b. of 1868 it does help narrow down when Allan & Margaret should have married. Unfortunately I cannot find a marriage that fits. I'll keep looking but short of going through the GRO, page by page, I cannot think of many other ways.

alanlee2406

Default Allan Lee

Nicolina on the 1871 census his name is spelt Allen Lee and his date of birth is 1844 the census copy i have printed for that page i have had well over a year and at some time i have writen a date on it april- may- june 1869 but i dont know if it has to do with there wedding seems about the right time because thay had a daughter Mary in 1868, but i just can't think were i got that date from.

Nicolina

I found that marriage but the bride's name was Mary Maria COLLETT. I found them on the Census living next door to what appears to be her mother & sister.

alanlee2406

Default Allen Lee

Nicolina i can't find mary maria are you putting Yorkshire as the place,

Nicolina

Alan Lee & Mary Maria Collett, June quarter 1869 Leeds R. D. Vol 9b, Page 601

1871 Census
    RG10/4558/83 Page 7
    Back Benson Street, Leeds
    LEE, Alan Head born abt. 1842 Leeds, Yorkshire occ: Leather Dresser
    LEE, Mary M Wife born abt. 1845 Leeds, Yorkshire occ: Tailoress
    LEE, Jane E C Daughter born abt. 1870 Leeds, Yorkshire

next door
    COLLETT, Mary Head born abt. 1818 North Newbald, Yorkshire occ: Tailoress
    COLLETT, Margaret A Daughter born abt. 1855 Leeds, Yorkshire occ: Tailoress

in 1881 they were living at 26 Grant Place, Leeds (RG11/4524/29 Page 22) and Allan's occupation was Glue Boiler 19-1. Mary COLLETT was living with them, listed as Mother in Law, together with several more children:
    Joseph R. aged 8
    William aged 8
    Christopher aged 2

but as you will see, it doesn't fit with your Allan.