This is a family that has interested me for some time. They are not related to me, but I'd be interested if anyone has more information about them. Also they fit quite nicely in the Tudor-Stuart forum, which was looking quite lonely with only two threads.

This information is from the Heralds’ visitation of the co. of Leicester 1619, backed by monumental inscriptions, A2A, parish records, Foster’s Alumni Oxonienses, etc. I know the next step is wills, subsidy rolls, manorial records, and so on, but I won’t be going to London (or Lichfield and Leicester) in the near future.

William MEADE born about 1500 in Gretton Hall, Horton, Staffordshire. He married ___ Wedgwood. Their son:

William MEADE born about 1530 in Gretton Hall, Horton, Staffordshire. His son:

James MEAD born about 1560 in Narborough, Leicestershire. He married Mary RODES, born in Leicester in 1560. Will of James Meade 1616. Their son:

Henry MEAD born about 1585 in Narborough, Leicestershire. He married Ann CROFT, daughter of WILLIAM CROFT. Their son:

William MEAD, born June 1610, Peckleton, Leicestershire. He married Elizabeth PETTY, daughter of Charnell PETTY and Ellen WILSON. Their son:

Charnell MEAD, born about 1645 in Narborough, Leicestershire. He married Elizabeth HEWITT, daughter of WILLIAM HEWITT. Notes for Charnell MEAD: Charnel Meade, son of William Meade of Narborough co. Leicester, gent. Lincoln College Oxford matric. 26 Nov. 1662 aged 18, student of Grey's Inn 1663. Their son:

William MEAD born 1668 in Narborough, Leicestershire. He married Sussanah FLOYER in 1699, daughter of Matthew FLOYER and Anne SCOTT. Notes for William MEAD: William Meade son of Charnel Meade of Narborough co. Leicester arm. Exeter College Oxford matric. 16 Oct. 1684 aged 16. Their son:

William MEAD born about 1700 in Narborough, Leicestershire; married Elizabeth WILSON.