Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lynnelay

Smile PEET and MANCHESTER

1) I am trying to go back in time from Joseph PEET b 1721 Ormskirk and who married Ellen BERRY 1746. They were a local family, but might have had connections to other local towns (Upholland & Billinge?)

2) The same family (Joseph and Ellen's daughter Jane married Timothy MANCHESTER b 1748)
    Timothy's father was Henry MANCHESTER and his wife Ann(e) From Bickerstaffe/Ormskirk. I cannot find dates for them or go further back.

Can anybody help me PLEASE
    Lynne

lynnelay

I'd found that reference on Lancs PCOL but had forgotten he was a Catholic. There do not appear to be any records earlier that 1740 's from Ormskirk or the neighbouring churches. Have you any other ideas
    Thanks Lynne

jake01

Hi there, This may have no connection and be of no use but in my wifes tree there is "PEET" of Peets Farm on Peets Lane Churchtown North Meols. My wifes middle name is PEET ! I you there is a connection please let me know.
    Jake01.

lynnelay

Hi, I am sure it will be part of the same family. I have got back as far as Thomas PEET who married Emblin GORE in 1657. The various lines of the family stayed local to SW Lancashire and I have seen mentions to North Moels . I have a cd for baptisms etc in local chi#urches as well as MI on graves, If you need any help give some more details
    Lynne

jake01

Hi Lynne.
    Thankyou for your response. Peet was a very big name in North Meols and I find the website of North Moels FHS very useful. I you don't whether or not you aready have it : nmfhssouthport.co.uk
    complete with a open forum.
    I find the PEET family have an enormous ammount of branches which is almost an endless search to find he right branchh. It has been said that over the years most people in Southport are related at some point in the past !
    I may be in touch if I come up against any brick walls.
    Jake.

jake01

Hi. My earliest Peet is William c1700-1762 married 1736 to Ann Brookfield. any confirmation on this would be welcomed or any direction to anything earlier.
    Thank you for any help.

lynnelay

Hi, I have a William PEET b c 1696 in Aughton but I do not have a marriage for him. His parents were William and Elizabeth b c 1665 and died 1723 and 1727 in Aughton (respecivley). Please can you tell me how you found out about the marriage and if they had any children
    Lynne

jake01

Hi. William Peet c1700-1761 married Ann Brookfield on 14th Nov 1736 they had eight children: Jane1738:John1741:Richard1743:Ann1747:William1750: Margaret1753:Thomas :Thomas1755. This info is accessible on the Park database, on the Rootsweb World Connect Project website. Hope this is of help to you If I can be of any further help please ask.

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

Default Peet and Manchester

Jake/Lynne,
    I have begun to record my search family name even if they are not directly related and i am now building up a picture of an extended family.
    With so many people this may be wortwhile.
    Eric

lynnelay

Hi, do you know who william's parents were?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast