Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost Aussie

Jade26

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Very lovely spot around Beechworth and the town itself. Don't know what it is like now after the fires though.
    Hi Procat - Although the fires started fairly close to the town, Beechworth itself is fine. Unfortunately they caused a lot of damage to the surrounding bush and farmland areas of Stanley, Mudgegonga and Yackandandah. It was a truly dreadful time for everyone here in Victoria with so much loss of life and the devastation of whole communities. Trish

kermie62

Weel another Aussie joins the site, at least its another New South Welshman and not a Victorian

The only thing us sandgropers and the new south welshmen can agree on its that we hate victorians, (mostly over foot.ball as well funnily enough)

Enjoy yourself here, they are an intelligent lively and helpful mob who knows what they talk about.

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Jade26 View Post
    Hi Procat - Although the fires started fairly close to the town, Beechworth itself is fine. Unfortunately they caused a lot of damage to the surrounding bush and farmland areas of Stanley, Mudgegonga and Yackandandah. It was a truly dreadful time for everyone here in Victoria with so much loss of life and the devastation of whole communities. Trish
    Hi Trish,

Good to hear Beechworth escaped - a lovely town.

Keep our fingers crossed for next Friday when it heats up again.

chrisspinning

Default welcome to another Aussie

Welcome from another Aussie that comes from the UK but has lived in South Australia for 37 years. Enjoy the site there is alsorts of useful information to knock down those walls Chris.

B.J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Hi to everyone. I have been researching my family history for about 3 months so I am very new, a real learner so to say. My neighbor is also researching his and he came across this site on the weekend. As I was away he gave me the address this morning so I have joined. Its nice to find something that is free and yet so big. I am looking forward to my experience and hopefully will put an end to
    ]

++++++++++++++++______________________++++++++++++ ++++

Hi. Scout and "WELCOME".

I am a newcomer to B-G and have to say, "It's the best thing since sliced bread".

Like you,I was nursing bruises from bashing my head against a brick wall.
    After reading posts from Bo peep and Lesley Robertson about taking part in the forum, I felt impelled to "Take the plunge and get involved".

"HEY PRESTO"
    Within an hour of my first post, I was directed by a lovely member (Trudy)to a site containing the photographs and information I had been seeking.

"HOW INCREDIBLE IS THAT"??
    So dive in matey and get your feet wet. The water's fine and there's no sharks here.

OH!! One thing.
    As an OWW (Old West Walean) to a NSW (New South Walean).
    Don't mention the weather!
    The "Canadian" side of this "family" (Friendly as they are) do tend to be a little "Touchy" about the subject.

(At least they were with me. "Look you"!)

Pop round for a cuppa.

Scout

Dear Kermie62. Thankyou for you welcome but alas I am actually a Victorian born and Breed. So very sorry but go the SAINTS AUSSIE RULES RULES.
    Hope we can still be friends

wrinkly

Unhappy Lost Aussie

Dear Kermie62. Thankyou for you welcome but alas I am actually a Victorian born and Breed. So very sorry but go the SAINTS AUSSIE RULES RULES.
    Kermie62 might be willing to be friends with you but I
    am not.... YOU PINCHED OUR GRAND PRIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to think my daughter has moved to Victoria.... what is the world coming to I ask myself???? Must be my son in law's doing.... no child of mine could be so unpatriotic........

Wrinkly

kermie62

well at least you have shown some taste by mving north but not enough taste in moving west.

Yes I am sure we can be friends

B.J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by kermie62 View Post
    well at least you have shown some taste by mving north but not enough taste in moving west.

Yes I am sure we can be friends

And there was I thinking it was a U.K. thing

Pop round for a cuppa

kermie62

Quote Originally Posted by B.J.D. View Post
    And there was I thinking it was a U.K. thing

Pop round for a cuppa
    And if your over this way, Ill throw another prawn on the barbie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast