Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulluss Family

aeracura

Default Bulluss Family

Hi,

I'm trying to find further information on my 4x great grandfather Thomas Bulluss - although on the marriage register it is spelled Bulowes. He was born in Staffordshire, probably Walsall or Wednesbury around 1773. I think his father may have also been named Thomas and his mother Parthenia, known as Theney.. He married Sarah Marsh on 25th December, 1797 in St. Matthew's in Walsall. All of their children were baptised in St. Bartholomew's in Wednesbury. However there was another Thomas Bulluss who married a Sarah around the same time in nearby Dudley and in the past there has been a little confusion as to who is who... Sarah was buried on the 20th of February 1832 at St Bartholomew's but we are unable to find out when Thomas died and where he is buried. Neither do we know when he was actually born... I feel like I'm hitting my head against a brickwall and it may be because the surname seems to change spelling so many times... My aunt has written to the Vicar of the parish 3 times with no response and being all the way 'downunder' we can't just take a car trip to find out for ourselves... can anybody help us knock it over? LOL....

~ jo
    Last edited by aeracura; 20-02-2009 at 6:01 AM. Reason: spelling error

trudy4656

IGI

https://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Sear...lear_form=true

Thos Bullus christened 11 April, 1773 Kingswinford, Staffordshire

Parents Thos Bullus and Theany

Trudy

trudy4656

IGI

Marriage Thomas Bullus and Parthenia Gill 7th June, 1772, Kingswinford, Staffordshire

Trudy

trudy4656

IGI

Parthenia Gill christened 29th July 1753, Kingswinford, Staffordshire

Parents Thomas Gill and Hannah

Trudy

trudy4656

IGI

Marriage Thomas Gill to Hannah Skidmore 13th October 1746, Kingswinford, Staffordshire

Hope these help

Trudy

aeracura

Thanks Trudy!... that's fantastic ) I wonder if we'll ever be able to find where Thomas died and was buried.... I've never used IGI before - such a novice but I've had a bit of a play with it and am enjoying it

~ jo

trudy4656

Hi Jo

FreeBMD
    https://freebmd.rootsweb.com/

I've found a death for a William Bullas Registered December Qtr 1841 Vol 18 Page 363 in Stourbridge.

Obviously I can't be sure that this is your William but Stourbridge covers the area of Kingswinford, Staffordshire.

Do you have any more information about him? Have you found him on any census returns? Childrens names?

Trudy

aeracura

Hi again Trudy,

One of the children may have been a William... I will see what else I have and get back to you

~ jo

trudy4656

Hi Jo

My last post should have read Thomas Bullas not William.... sorry must have been having a 'senior' moment!

Trudy

trudy4656

Hi Jo

I found the following on the IGI, I think these are Thomas' siblings.

Sarah Bullas Christened 18th February, 1776 Kingswinford, Staffordshire
    Parents Thos and Parthenia Bullas

John Bullas Born 13th November, 1782 Christened 17th October, 1802, Kingswinford, Staffordshire
    Parents Thos and Parthenia

Trudy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast