Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bulluss Family

aeracura

Wow you're such a gem Trudy!!

Ok the children that I know he and sarah had are.... Mary and John in 1799, Thomas in 1801, William in 1806, Elizabeth in 1808, Sarah in 1810, Rebecca in 1812 and Isaac in 1815... there are others as well... I know there was a second Thomas and John. I was able to track down the St Bartholomew's in Wednesbury parish records to find the baptism details of all of those born prior to 1812... I'm decended from Isaac and we know he was born in 1815 because it's written in the family bible which I'm yet to see, it's in the hands of the decendents of John the youngest of Thomas and Sarah's brood...

Judie

Quote Originally Posted by aeracura View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to find further information on my 4x great grandfather Thomas Bulluss - although on the marriage register it is spelled Bulowes. He was born in Staffordshire, probably Walsall or Wednesbury around 1773. I think his father may have also been named Thomas and his mother Parthenia, known as Theney.. He married Sarah Marsh on 25th December, 1797 in St. Matthew's in Walsall. All of their children were baptised in St. Bartholomew's in Wednesbury. However there was another Thomas Bulluss who married a Sarah around the same time in nearby Dudley and in the past there has been a little confusion as to who is who... Sarah was buried on the 20th of February 1832 at St Bartholomew's but we are unable to find out when Thomas died and where he is buried. Neither do we know when he was actually born... I feel like I'm hitting my head against a brickwall and it may be because the surname seems to change spelling so many times... My aunt has written to the Vicar of the parish 3 times with no response and being all the way 'downunder' we can't just take a car trip to find out for ourselves... can anybody help us knock it over? LOL....

~ jo

Have just found your site and it's just great. I am researching the Bulluss family for my children. Leslie James Bulluss is my ex husband. His father is Leslie Hanover Bulluss. His father is Leslie Joseph Bulluss of Ballarat and Nhill. His father is Joseph Henry Bulluss born in Birmingham but died at Stawell. His father is Isaac Bulluss born in Staffordshire and died in Victoria Aust. His father is your Thomas Bulluss who married Sarah Marsh. Thomas parents are Thos and Parthenia Bulluss. I have obtained several further generations back through Ancestry.com which has been fantastic. Have you found out anything else since you posted this query? Judie

John Bulluss

My name is John Bulluss. We have the original Bulluss bible going back to John & Mary Bulluss (twins) and their siblings. Isaac Bulluss (1815 - 1899 & married to Mary Jane Porter) was my great great grandfather. Would like to compare details with you. Most of those we have are our direct line.

aeracura

Default Hello!

Hi Judie and John....

Yes it's the same family... wow...

John you may have been in contact with my Aunt, Joy Reid...she had compiled a lot of the family tree information beginning 25 years ago. I'm sure she has spoken to whomever has the family bible so I guess that could be you? Anyhow, I'll invite both of you to take a look at the family tree and what I have so far and would love to compare more with you.

~ Jo

p.s. check your private mail on here shortly....

John Bulluss

Default Bulluss Family Bible

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Reading from the bible as follows:-
    John & Mary Bulluss born 29th March 1799, Thomas Bulluss born 17th Feb 1801, second son Thomas Bulluss born 5th Jan 1803, Joseph Bulluss born 12th May 1805, William Bulluss born 31st Oct 1806, Elizabeth Bulluss born 31st May 1808, Sarah Bulluss born 12th Feb 1810, Rebecca Bulluss born 31st Aug 1811, Ann Bulluss born 24th Apr 1813, Isaac Bulluss born 31st Jan 1815 died 29th Jan 1897, Elizabeth Bulluss born 8th Aug 1817 died 20th Aug 1818, James Bulluss born 26th Jan 1820 died 25th Sept 1820.

I have further information: Isaac Bulluss married Mary Jane Porter 29th Jan 1899. Mary Jane born 1st Nov 1818 died 27th Nov 1894. Children were Joseph born 2nd Aug 1840 died 30th Nov 1896, Alfred born 24th Apr 1844, Isaac born 3rd Apr 1848 died 1918, Thomas born 19th Jan 1851 died 16th Mch 1911, John born 14th Apr 1854 died 19th Aug 1941, Mary Eliza born 10th Oct 1856, Sarah Ann born 31st Mch 1860 christened in Christchurch, Geelong, married 1883 to Frederick Gerrett. Let me know if you want more.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

hi folks, I'm a few years late to this discussion but hope you're still reading! My children/husband/mother in law are from the Bulluss line too. I would love to fill in the family tree a little more, so far I've just been using ancestry.com. Please private message me if you would like to get in touch! I don't have additional information to share but my mother in law and her siblings may have some old photos, though I can't be sure. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12