Paul M

Default FLORENCE TREASA FRAY

Hi all
    My research is essentially based on one person, FLORENCE TREASA FRAY.
    Florence was my grandmother; about 2 years ago my mother said she would like to find out what had happened to her mother (Florence), I have still not found her death in all that time, the rest is all genealogy.

Jan1954

Hello Paul and welcome to Brit-Gen

I am sure that the members here will be only too happy to help you to find your grandmother. Have a good old rootle round and then post all that you know about Florence, perhaps on the county board that is the most appropriate. Then we will help to rummage for her.

Enjoy yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
    Hi all
    My research is essentially based on one person, FLORENCE TREASA FRAY.
    Florence was my grandmother; about 2 years ago my mother said she would like to find out what had happened to her mother (Florence), I have still not found her death in all that time, the rest is all genealogy.
    Assuming that there are unlikely to be two people with this unusual name, I see that the birth of Florence Treasa FRAY was registered in Hartlepool in the March quarter of 1902 (volume 10a page 128) Presumably she married if she was your grandmother, so the death will be registered under her married name. If you give us her married surname and an approximate year of death we can see if we can apply a fresh pair of eyes to the records.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Paul M

Thanks Jan1954.
    my first time on this site!
    search is in Rotherham, Reading and Blackpool.
    I am confused with so many forums, please recomend one.

Jan1954

Yikes! Three different counties, eh? Okay, start on the Brickwall forum (click the link) and we can always move your enquiry if it transpires that searches take place elsewhere.

Don't forget to post as much information as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    Assuming that there are unlikely to be two people with this unusual name, I see that the birth of Florence Treasa FRAY was registered in Hartlepool in the March quarter of 1902 (volume 10a page 128) Presumably she married if she was your grandmother, so the death will be registered under her married name. If you give us her married surname and an approximate year of death we can see if we can apply a fresh pair of eyes to the records.
    OK, see this is now on Brickwalls, so any further information should be directed
    here

Welcome to B-G by the way!
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

grendav2001

Default florence fray

please go to via google: tees valley indexes.co.uk

this site, after you have perused content index, will display fray bmd's in hartlepool and the former town of west hartlepool from 1837.

florence was born 1901.
    frederick was born 1903.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

There is a further thread about Florence here.

Duplicate threads about the same person are not allowed so I am closing this thread.
    If anyone can add further details please post in the alternative thread.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”