Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    barjoh

Smile Tustin in australia

can anyone help trying to find info on a George Tustin,aged around 2yrs arrived vict,1880,s on a vessel called the "Orazaba".Hearing from any Tustins would be wonderful. cheers

Hugh Thompson

Hi Barjoh,I don't know if any of these people are related to you but I'd keep them in my files if I were you, as these are the only ones listed for the whole of NSW! and what is unusual is the fact that there are no births listed for the name Tustin.
    You might find some of these turning up in your family as you progress with your search.
    Regards Hugh.

Deaths.NSW.BDM
    Registration Number Last Name .Given Name(s) .Father's Given Name(s) .Mother's Given Name(s) District
    12255/1889 TUSTIN JOHN AGE 24 YEARS DIED PENRITH PENRITH
    9670/1898 TUSTIN THOMAS WILLIAM UNKNOWN HAY
    1778/1903 TUSTIN ELIZABETH CHARLES ANNA GRANVILLE
    13396/1927 TUSTIN GEORGE D GEORGE F SUSANNAH LIVERPOOL
    1137/1929 TUSTIN ELIZABETH F A WILLIAM ELIZABETH ROCKDALE
    13228/1932 TUSTIN GEORGE J GEORGE ELIZABETH F A MARRICKVILLE
    11679/1934 TUSTIN EMMA 76 YRS STATE HOSP AUBURN
    28565/1951 TUSTIN LESLIE RAYMENT GEORGE DAVID ELIZABETH CHATSWOOD
    7001/1960 TUSTIN ELIZABETH PATRICK UNKNOWN ROCKDALE

Marriages.NSW.BDM

Registration Number.Groom's Surname.Groom's Given Name.Bride's Last Name.at Time of Marriage.Bride's Given Name(s) District *
    1544/1862 TUSTIN THOMAS CRUMP ELIZABETH BURRANGONG
    1544/1862 TUSTIN THOMAS CRUMP ELIZABETH BURRANGONG
    7624/1910 TUSTIN GEORGE J RING FRANCES I SYDNEY
    14589/1913 TUSTIN WILLIAM J JACKSON LOUISA WOOLLAHRA
    9691/1921 TUSTIN GEORGE D MACDONAGH EMMA SYDNEY
    9691/1921 TUSTIN GEORGE D MCDONAGH EMMA SYDNEY
    14005/1924 TUSTIN JOHN C LUCAS ZILLAH I SYDNEY
    16488/1935 TUSTIN LESLIE R HODGKINSON FRANCES E SYDNEY
    13416/1939 TUSTIN JOHN DENNIS HILL GRACE ELLEN CANTERBURY

Geoffers

Hello Hugh.
    Thank you for trying to assist barjoh with this query.

As one of the moderators of these forums, I have to try and ensure that copyright information is not posted on these forums. May I ask if:

1) You have copied and pasted the above entries from a web-site?

2) If the web-site concerned has within its terms and conditions, permission for users to do so?

If in doubt it is best to just point someone towards a resource and advise them how to search for themselves.

Thanks

Hugh Thompson

Hi Geoffers, it's from the NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages,Nobody has queried it before.
    Hugh.

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Thompson View Post
    Hi Geoffers, it's from the NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages,Nobody has queried it before.
    Hugh.
    Hi Hugh

I am guilty of seeing them and not doing anything about pointing out to you that it does infringe copyright to copy the index from the website like that. I have been meaning to tell you.
    https://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Copyright.htm

Since the website is freely searchable by anyone, without even having to register, persons are able to go and look themselves if you point them in the right direction.

If you do want to pass on the information, you need to reword it, so that you impart the facts - the facts themselves are not copyright - just the format in which they are presented.

ChristineR

Quote Originally Posted by barjoh View Post
    can anyone help trying to find info on a George Tustin,aged around 2yrs arrived vict,1880,s on a vessel called the "Orazaba".Hearing from any Tustins would be wonderful. cheers
    What sort of information are you looking for? Do you have his marriage and death? the names of his parents?

Are George David TUSTIN and Elizabeth Fanny RAYMOND his parents? they first appear in Victoria registering a child's birth, Laurence Edward, in 1889 at St Kilda. Reg#26587
    ChristineR

Hugh Thompson

Geoffers and Christine, I stand corrected, after reading the copyright on the webpage I think even posting the link would be an infringement.
    Hugh.

Geoffers

Hello Hugh
    Having read the link provided by Christine, I don't see a problem with providing fellow researchers with a link to the site and using your expertise to help them to search the site - passing on your experience so that they can learn. It's what were here for, to help each other.

Thanks for your understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Thompson View Post
    Geoffers and Christine, I stand corrected, after reading the copyright on the webpage I think even posting the link would be an infringement.
    Hugh.
    I got that impression too at first but this is a reputable place to do it from.
    Actually the link is already in the Australian BDM information sticky at the top of the Australian forum.
    Thanks Hugh. I am sure everyone appreciates your help.

Sorry barjoh for getting sidetracked in your thread
    ChristineR

barjoh

Default thanks

first off thanks Hugh for the information and there are two names that will be very helpful.
    Second I didn't realise this would cause a cafuffil.I have my own views on getting family information,I was adopted and the rubbish I had to go through to find information that is rightfully mine by BIRTH I will gladly accept any information no matter where it comes from or how I recieve it,and thanks again Hugh.John.T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast