Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    billyboy

Default Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirral View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Certificates should only cost you £7 each if you get them from the General Register Office (GRO) or from a local register office eg Liverpool. No idea what that is in Canadian dollars, but it is proably getting cheaper by the minute!
    The 2 most useful, free indexes are www.freebmd.org.uk (for GRO references) and www.lancashirebmd.org.uk (for Lancashire local register offices).
    Hi Wirrel thanks for your Wecome , and the 2 very usefull sites.
    As a kid i used to go to New Brighton and dance at the Tower ballroom.
    Cheers Bill.

billyboy

Quote Originally Posted by Miss View Post
    Hi Bill

Yes I do know the cottage homes, my Nan along with her brother and sisters were all brought up there. The Fazakerley Local History group produced a book on the area a few years ago and it contained articles from people who had grown up in the cottage homes describing what it was like.

As for Robert Moore, if you were to order a copy of the marriage it would confirm their ages and also give you the fathers names and occupation which will help you with the next stage especially if there is more than one Robert Moore born around the same time. The same thing also applies to Robert Ramsey

[QUOTE) I do not have any Certificates other then my parents marriage and my mothers birth certificate, but its not for the want of trying.
    Today 02:04 AM]

Hi Bill Here, I am interested in knowing the Years that your Nan and siblings were in the FCH, I was in from 1932 to 1943.

I have a friend who also was in the homes about 1948, and is helping me with my family tree ,he lives around the London area .
    I will be taking a holiday In June 2009 to Liverpool and will attend the FCH association Reunion, Maybe your Nan already knows about it . good to talk to you again. BILL.

What is the problem you are referring to?

Best wishes[/QUOTE]

Miss

Hi Bill

Lovely to hear from you. My Nan and her sibling were in the cottage homes 1903 - 1910 so as you will realise my Nan and her siblings died many years ago.

"Whats the problem you are referring to?" I was referring to the difficulties you said you were having in obtaining certificates from the GRO.

I hope you enjoy your reunion in June.

Best wishes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123