Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    roysloan

Hi Jan:
    Thanks for the reference. Very informative!

Roy

roysloan

Red face Albion S. Heath-son of Samuel Heath-Shepton

Hi All,
    Finally found after all there years.
    Albion Salisbury Heath was baptized at Dursley Parish, Gloucestershire on October 5, 1826 at approximately 8 years of age. The family lived in Shepton Mallet as I originally thought but could not find the connection for Albion Salisbury Heath to that family . (See posting 20-01-2009 10:08 PM)
    (The family is all from Shepton Mallet in Somerset but no baptism there for Albion). His older bother Emanuel, the carpenter moved to London around 1820's. which is around the time Albion was born.
    Now the question arises, why did Samuel & Elizabeth Heath baptize Albion at age 8 in a parish at least 45 miles from Shepton Mallet?
    They own a Clothier Shop and Grocery Store in Shepton Mallet, they were in the directories and very well established. They were also both were buried in Shepton Mallet after 1845.
    I am wondering if Albion was a love child or maybe adopted? Is this why he always kept and used the middle name Salisbury? All the other 8 children were baptized right after birth between 1797 and 1812. Albion is born in 1819 and baptized in 1826. One finally piece could be that his father Samuel Heath went to debtors prison about two years before the October 6, 1826 baptism in Dursley. Could this be for lack of support for Albion? Also a younger Elizabeth Heath from Dursley (age 28) was sentenced to the Gaol in 1824 also.

(Dursley Parish baptism register page 174 attached)

Can anyone give me additional direction on this? I realize there are questions that may never be answered but you never know.

Thanks!

Roy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123