tarss

Question Tobins from Watergrasshill

I began searching for my father's family five years ago, and have come to a brick wall. My gt grandfather(James) and one of his brothers(Stephen)came to Wales some time between 1891 and 1901, as the both appear on the 1901 census and not the 1891, unfortunately none of the Welsh counties are online yet for the 1911. The two brothers married two sister Annie and Mary Butler. My grandfather was orphaned by Dec 1911 and was brought up by his Aunt and Uncle. They returned to Ireland some time after 1912. I know the brothers father was Michael Tobin and was a farmer as this shows on a marriage certificate for James and Annie, however I have been able to discover little other than this. I do know that some of their descendants are still in the general area of Watergrasshill, as they attended my grandmothers funeral in 1995. Anybody who has any information that may link to this on either the Tobin or the Butler side it woyuld be greatley appericated.

regards
    Tara

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello James Tobin watergrasshill I am from this family I have read your story and everything you have down matches up to us the Tobin family in watergrasshill i am a son James Patrick and if you want any info I would gladly help you hope you receive this message

tarss

Hi,
    My name is Tara, my father's name was also James Tobin, his parents were Patrick(Paddy)Tobin and Elieen Kenny. While we know quite a lot about my grandmother's family, we know very little about my grandfather's family. Who were your parents and grandparents? My Aunt Maureen(dad's sister) was in contact with some of the family in Watergrasshill for a while, but lost contact when the Aunt that brought up their father passed away. We would be greatly interested in any information that you have.

Regards

Tara Tobin-Bodley

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello nice to hear from you can you contact me 085 1784529 my father is James Tobin and your father paddy Tobin is my fathers uncle we are the only tobins in watergrasshill I can put u in touch with my father and he would have more information then I would