Michael Blanshard, christianed 1787, East Cottingwith, son of John
    John Blanshard chr 1739 at Bubwith son of Nicholas
    Nicholas Blanshard chr.1712 at Bubwith son of Luke
    Luke Blanshard??? son of John???
    John Blanshard married Bubwith 1677 to Ann Marshall

Also their wives

Michael married Selby to Ann BRIGGS, christened Selby 1788, daught of
    David Briggs and Elizabeth Burton who married at Selby 1787
    John married 1781 ? to Ann Ellis chr 1755 at Spaldington daughter of Edward Ellis or Ellice and Rebecca
    Nicholas married 1738 at Bubwith to Ann Ellis, born about 1717 at Spaldington
    Luke - no details of wife
    John married Ann Marshall 1677 at Bubwith, she was daughter of Edward and was christened at Breighton, Bubwith in 1655

I have got this infromation from IGI and would be grateful to have it confirmed and any more details .

Sheila Thompson

colin thornton

Quote Originally Posted by sheilaT View Post
    Any Parish records information on any of the following, please:

William Blanshard christened 1818 Barlby, son of Michael
    Michael Blanshard, christianed 1787, East Cottingwith, son of John
    John Blanshard chr 1739 at Bubwith son of Nicholas
    Nicholas Blanshard chr.1712 at Bubwith son of Luke
    Luke Blanshard??? son of John???
    John Blanshard married Bubwith 1677 to Ann Marshall

Also their wives

Michael married Selby to Ann BRIGGS, christened Selby 1788, daught of
    David Briggs and Elizabeth Burton who married at Selby 1787
    John married 1781 ? to Ann Ellis chr 1755 at Spaldington daughter of Edward Ellis or Ellice and Rebecca
    Nicholas married 1738 at Bubwith to Ann Ellis, born about 1717 at Spaldington
    Luke - no details of wife
    John married Ann Marshall 1677 at Bubwith, she was daughter of Edward and was christened at Breighton, Bubwith in 1655

I have got this infromation from IGI and would be grateful to have it confirmed and any more details .

Sheila Thompson
    have you got anymore info on the blanshards thanks colin thornton

sheilaT

I have just seen your response to my post about Blanshards in Aughton /Selby.
    My grandmother was a Blanshard from Leeds, born 1882, her fahter was Walter born 1855, son of William b.1818.
    Willaim was son of Michael, b.1787, who was son of John, b.1760, son of Nicholas.b.1730
    Beyond that I am a bit doubtful, and now believe (not what I said on original post) that Nicholas was son of James, b.1702, son of Richard 1681, son of George, 1640, son of Richard 1619, son of Francis 1593.

I have lists of their children, mostly from Family Search site, some of which I have checked on Parish Records.
    If you have any specific questions, I would be glad to help and certainly have good facts on later Blanshards (or Blanchards) Sheila Thompson.
    Possibly new email address - sheilam dot thompson at orange dot fr
    Last edited by Jan1954; 29-03-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Email address

sheilaT

Colin, I have plenty of information of the descendants of Michael Blanshard,b E Cottingwith 1787. I will start with his children.
    They are Elizabeth b.1813 m. Neriah Simpson (no children that I know of)
    Ann 1815 m Wm Marshall, farmer, several children - I can tell you if you want their names & dates.
    Nicholas b.1816 married to Ann, had a baby but both wife and baby died 1851. he then married Harriet, but I dont know of any children with her.
    Mary 1823 who was not married in 1871 aged 49 so probably no children
    William b.1818 Barlby, married Elizabeth Russell in London in 1842. Moved back to Leeds, then again to London, died in London 1893.
    He was my ancestor - so I have plenty of details on him and his 8 children and some of their descendants.
    Where do you fit in?
    Let me know if I can help you.
    Sheila