UncleBaldie

Smile Another gene-holic..

Hello to all.
    After a couple of previous forays into FH, I have finally settled down to 'do it properly'.
    I was born in Hull, spent my delinquency....sorry, childhood, in Darlington, and finished up near Lichfield in Staffordshire, some 20 miles north of Brum. That's what comes of having a father on the railways....they can never stay in one place. So my areas of interest are mainly to the eastern side of Old Blighty.
    So far, thanks to the interweb thingy, I have managed to nail down my grandparents, and am now working on the great ones (birth dates somewhere in the 1820/30s).
    My name interests at the moment are Allen, Stevenson, Blyth and Bell.

Well, there you have me potted, so to speak.

So a big HELLO to all....

Phil AKA UncleBaldie

Famous for offering help & advice

Welcome Phil

I love your writing style

Sue

Jan1954

Hello Phil - welcome to Brit-Gen

Nailing forbears is a good move. I am pleased that you have found your grandparents and, if you pin your questions onto the appropriate forums, I am sure that the members here will help you to dig deeper. Have a look at the different county forums, provide the details of your greats and we will have a rummage for them.

Enjoy yourself!

UncleBaldie

Default Thank you all...

Thank you all for your warm welcome...

I must confess to 'lurking' on the forum for a couple of weeks beforehand, peering from the darkness into the lighted room within, as it were, before finally summoning the courage to knock on the door and seek admittance.

I only started on my FH a few weeks ago, and it has already become something of an obsession. So, yes Bo-Peep, I am definitely in the ranks of genealogy nuts.....well, nuts anyway...

I look forward to many happy hours rambling down the lanes and by-ways of history with congenial companions ......

Phil

v.wells

Welcome to B-G, UncleBaldie. I also like your writing style - you have a style of humour that I find refreshing - Not all of us can do it so well

Have fun with the rest of us nuts! There are plenty of Brick-wall-aholics here!