MaggieH

Default Morgan - Llanbedr

I am at the proverbial brick wall with my Welsh gt grandfather. He was Thomas Morgan, according to census was born Llanbedr, Brecon around 1847 His father was Thomas Morgan, farmer (on 'my' Thomas's marriage cert). My Thomas married Alice Williams from Tredunnock, Mon, at Panteg in 1877. They subsequently lived at New Inn and Griffithstown for the rest of their lives and Thomas was a Railwayman (GWR). He died in 1928 at Griffithstown, Mon. They had 6 sons and a daughter, Florence, who was my paternal grandmother. I have searched and searched but cannot find his birth or baptism. They were C/E but whether they started out that way, I don't know. I have found a likely Morgan farming family but it is not conclusive enough. They lived in various places -Cenol, Llanelly,Llanthewy Vach, Lower Llanvrechva. Wife was Mary ? from Cwmyoy and they had at least 6 children. I would like to find out whether this is the correct family - is anyone able to help, please? Maggie Herbert

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello MaddieH,

Was the Family you found that of Thomas & Mary? with, in 1851 Thomas 7.. Mary 3...& Sarah 2mths? at Llanafan Fawr ?
    Same Family again in 1861 at Cenol, + John 19 & Lewis 28 mths.
    Class: RG9; Piece: 4215; Folio: 13; Page: 4

1871: Thomas 57 Mary 47 Sarah 20,..Lewis,..13 & Sarah
    Class: RG10; Piece: 5337; Folio: 106; Page: 4

Can't locate youg Thomas here but don't know my way around Wales to pick places.
    Doesn't really confirm anything I know, but the only other Thomas I found born there was a servant in 1861, then I lost him.
    Last edited by Geoffers; 16-02-2009 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Removal of GSU reference which is copyright
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

MaggieH

Default morgan - Llanbedr

Hello Waitabit -

Yes, that is the MORGAN family which I found, and there is a Thomas of roughly the age to match up to mine on his marriage and death certificates, with them. I am still not sure whether it is 'my' family though!
    The places named on the censuses are just in Monmouthshire , very close to the county border with Breconshire. That is why I have been looking at that Llanbedr (of course, there are several others!)
    Thanks for your interest, Maggie