Thread: FLEET, MILES

kmthor

Default FLEET, MILES

looking for info on William Fleet born in 1830 in hampshire moved to middlesex but i dont know when, married Ann king born 1839 from middlesex

km

salcat

Do you have their marriage certificate? This will give you the names of both fathers and their occupations, also the ages and occupations of the couple.

You can order on-line here, using this reference

Marriages Sep 1857 Hendon 3a 131
    Fleet William
    King Ann

Lanaway Frederick
    Lannaway Frederick
    Woollard Eliza

Have you found them in the censuses? Let us know if you need help to find them

hth

Sally

kmthor

also looking for Norman Fredrick Guy Miles born around 1936 in northwood lived in hemel hempstead around 1966 onward he was a fireman

km

salcat

There is a death record for him from 1991

Name: Norman Frederick G Miles
    Birth Date: 5 Nov 1935
    Death Registration Month/Year: Jan 1991
    Age at death (estimated): 55
    Registration district: Hillingdon
    Inferred County: Middlesex
    Volume: 13
    Page: 1125

Sally

Procat

if you are able to assist kmthor with information regarding Norman Fredrick Guy Miles please do so using the Private Message facility as information about living people should not be posted on the open forum.

Thanks,

(Posted before seeing the response from Sally)

kmthor

Salcat
    thank you for a quick reply i have found william in the censuses but be new to this i would be greatful for any advice

km

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi km,
    Don't want you to think I'm following you around but this is just to advise everyone that there is quite an extensive thread about William and his children here.

If you have William on the 1841 and 1851,then I don't think there's much more you can find out about him except for his baptism date. The entry in the parish register might give you his birth date and/or the maiden name of his mother - chances are probably less than 50% though, so don't get your hopes too high.

If you have a Mormon Church Family History Centre (LDS FHC) local to you then you can order in the fiche of the PRs for Meonstoke.
    And/or, google for Hampshire Genealogical Society and check out their CD publications.

Judging by their age difference I think William senior might be the one with a second marriage to Susan.
    There's also a strong possibilty that the death for a Susan Fleet in 1864 in Droxford reg dist given in the other thread may be William senior's wife.
    William junior obviously inherited his longevity genes from his dad as William senior died aged 89 in March quarter 1873.
    Pam