Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice

Default 1911 Census online NOW!!

Alright perhaps I missed something but I was unaware it had even started, it is a Beta version & only for London & Staffordshire.

"Anyone tried the beta version of this yet?
    see: I registered for a trial, but it has only got London and a handfull of counties at the moment. No Norfolk of course!"

The first page I looked at (my Granny ) has a mistranscription of one of my relatives!! Now how do I report that......

ETA I have removed the web address because it is part of the terms and conditions of using the bets site that you do not give the address or show any of the images from there - I am taking part in the beta testing too.
    Last edited by Ladkyis; 19-12-2008 at 8:12 PM. Reason: edited by Ladkyis

angelcake

Default 1911 Census

Yes - frustrating to say the least - as you say only Middlesex, London Wilts and Staffs. Think positve at least they are early! The site says more to following soon.

I live in Norfolk - can I help at all with your rooting?

Angelcake

Famous for offering help & advice

Thanks Angelcake. I`m having great fun in dealing with Norfolk, as I`m doing a one-name study of one of my unusual surnames (Parfrement). If you ever come across the name I`d be grateful for the data. I`ve exhausted the internet other than the wonderful new records that appear on freereg - including under Pomfrement yesterday!

Thanks again

Mitch

v.wells

I wonder how far along Freecen. is?

Titanicfan

Hi all, I've also just tried the Beta version but unfortunately I was unlucky as they don't have Essex and Kent yet I did, however, add my feedback on their survey.

Starting to feel at home

I came home from work this evening and saw an email in my Inbox from the 1911 website (I registered for news updates). Went online straight away and was disappointed that only a few places were up but decided to give London a go. It's an hour on and I've downloaded four original census sheets containing 11 people already on my tree plus a new family member at the age of 2!

Happy Days. Can't wait to see the rest!

Knowledgeable and helpful

this is only a Beta site and the email I received did say it was only online for a short time in December..........for us to give feedback..............fortunately I have a lot of rellies in London so have done quite well...............did find some transcription mistakes but is easy to send eroe report on the transcription sheet..............found it a bit expensive but some interesting results...........cant wait for rest to come online however had better start saving!!!!!!!!!!

sandie

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

This is not going to be user friendly for those of us trawling through records looking for family groups in, for example, one name studies, or randomly searching for someone who has not been correctly transcribed. It will cost an arm and a leg if you "pay to view" (although subscription will be lest costly, assuming they leave the cost where it currently is).

Finding family groups will be a challenge unless they institute a system such as A******* whereby the household appears when you hover over a name in the search results.

A******* has its problems, but is much more flexible for "creative searching"
    Michael
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

Titanicfan

Maybe we should all bombard them with feedback about the cost (especially with the current financial climate) - maybe they might make it a bit cheaper for us!!

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanicfan View Post
    Maybe we should all bombard them with feedback about the cost (especially with the current financial climate) - maybe they might make it a bit cheaper for us!!
    I did say in my feedback that sometimes lowering the cost of something actually increases revenue.
    I also had a moan about the fact that they give place of residence as a registration district, and added that giving place of residence was the one thing that A..y did get right.
    Pam

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast