Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanity Check

NatashaBatsford

How ... very ... odd.

Was your Leslie nicknames Jack and a painter?

One thing I will say is that, for reasons known only to her, Laurence's wife, Muriel, has always made it clear that her and 'Larry' had nothing to do with the rest of the family, almost obsessively so.

Apologies for your grandmother, I had actually changed her details on my laptop but it takes so long for me to upload the site was a bit out of date.

I've just checked again and the certificate DEFINITELY says Rolfe formerly Bowley but obviously it would explain the lack of marriage record.

I would LOVE to share any info you have on the family, I've found it such a difficult family to research

Happy Baby

Uncle Leslie was a painter and we have three of his paintings and so do several of the family.

Did you ever find a death certificate for Frances, because my grandma said he left Elizabeth and they never heard from him. As i said, Elizabeth did re marry, but not sure when and had Elizabeth Honey. I am new to this and have not yet found her birth details or the marrige details to Mr Honey. I do know where Elizabeth Bowley is buried and could send you a picture of her grave, would need to go to Shaw Cemertary to get it for you if you would like me too. There would have been lots of cousin in Newbury for your MiL. Dorothy had five children, Micheal, Shirley (my mum), Janet, Gill, Tiana (she is resourcing as well, but we dont really speak). I also know of another two in Newbury. Jean (Les's daughter) Pauline (Maisie daugther) I remember Auntie Maisie and she was a character. Will speak to my auntie again and try to upload my tree.

NatashaBatsford

This is so very, very odd ... it is the same family!!!

If you look on my website, there is a picture of Leslie/ Jack's on there. It hangs in the hallway of my MiL's house.

Jean and Pauline I also know about from my MiL Janet, so why on earth does nobody know about Lawrence/ Larry?!?!?!?!

In terms of the Honey family, I did a quick search today and found the following:

Elizabeth married George HONEY in Newbury in 1926

There is no Elizabeth registered, but there is a Betty J HONEY born in Newbury in 1928 so I reckon that's them!

ANY info, photos, stories, or, well anything really would be SO gratefully received!! My husband and sister-in-law know nothing of one side of their family and they would LOVE to know more

Incidentally no, I have no death certificate for Francis

Sorry Jan, will try and keep the excitement in check

Default Lawrence Rolfe

Hello Natasha,
    I have just found your post. You may have found out about Lawrence by now. My Mum 'Dorothy' his sister who everyone called Ella, always referred to him as 'Digger'. Mum spoke about him with great fondness.
    Quote Originally Posted by NatashaBatsford View Post
    This is so very, very odd ... it is the same family!!!

If you look on my website, there is a picture of Leslie/ Jack's on there. It hangs in the hallway of my MiL's house.

Jean and Pauline I also know about from my MiL Janet, so why on earth does nobody know about Lawrence/ Larry?!?!?!?!

In terms of the Honey family, I did a quick search today and found the following:

Elizabeth married George HONEY in Newbury in 1926

There is no Elizabeth registered, but there is a Betty J HONEY born in Newbury in 1928 so I reckon that's them!

ANY info, photos, stories, or, well anything really would be SO gratefully received!! My husband and sister-in-law know nothing of one side of their family and they would LOVE to know more

Incidentally no, I have no death certificate for Francis

Sorry Jan, will try and keep the excitement in check

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello & welcome

Natasha hasn't visited the forum for sometime, she may still be receiving notifications from the forum, however if you click on her name you will see that a drop down box has provision for private message, if she hasn't changed her e mail you should be able to reach her

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12