Thread: Hartlepool pubs

Barnzzz

Default Hartlepool pubs

Hello there. My mum has been researching our family tree for years. She has long hoped to find a picture of her GG grandfather who was a brewer in Hartelpool until around 1880 ish. Failing a picture of the man himself, she would like to see a picture of one of his pubs. These included, The Angel, The Virago and the Coal Exchange.

I've found a grainy picture of the Coal Exchange and wondered if anyone could suggest any ways of finding pics of the others ? Mum would be really pleased to see one if its possible.

Thanks a lot

Sue

Oops, forgot to say that GG grandfather was called Bartholomew Wetherell.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnzzz View Post
    Hello there. My mum has been researching our family tree for years. She has long hoped to find a picture of her GG grandfather who was a brewer in Hartelpool until around 1880 ish. Failing a picture of the man himself, she would like to see a picture of one of his pubs. These included, The Angel, The Virago and the Coal Exchange.

I've found a grainy picture of the Coal Exchange and wondered if anyone could suggest any ways of finding pics of the others ? Mum would be really pleased to see one if its possible.

Thanks a lot

Sue

There's quite a few (existing) Hartlepool pub photos on the Cleveland branch of CAMRA's website.
    Lesley

Helen Williams

Default Pictues The Coal Exchange Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Barnzzz View Post

Thanks a lot

Sue

HELLO SUE

My Father was born in The Coal Exchange Pub, 1 Town Wall, Hartlepool. I do have some photographs of him and his father and many other in the images . . . My father is 99 and His father owned or was a publican The Coal Exchange...
    Thomas Pettett ....and the images show his family so circa 1915... pls reply if interested
    Regards
    Helen