Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lynnelay

Exclamation Super sleuth needed!!!

I have found my great gandmother's parents by geytting her marriage and birth certificates.
    Her name Eliza Agnes Harvey born Liverpool 1854 (January) (Birkett St)
    father Samuel Harvey Weighing machine engineer or fitter
    Mother Susanna Carter
    I cannot find any trace of this family on 1861 census or before she was born.
    She was married by 1871 and I can find no trace of Harvey family after this.

PLEASE help
    Thanks Lynne

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Were Samuel Harvey and Susannah Carter married? Do you know where?

Have you considered the possibility that Susannah and Samuel died before 1861? There are deaths in the GRO Index, Susannah Sept Qtr 1859 Liverpool, and Samuel 1857 Liverpool or 1858 West Derby. Just a thought.

Michael

Mutley

I also wondered if the parents had died and can see the same deaths as Michael.

In 1861 there is an Eliza J. Carter born abt 1855 in Liverpool, age 6 and she is a nursechild with William and Mary Nixon, brother and sister. Nearest I can see.
    Class: RG9; Piece: 2720; Folio: 47; Page: 1

Jan1954

In 1861, there is also a female E.H. at the Female Orphan Asylum in Myrtle Street, Abercromby, Liverpool, but she is recorded as being aged 8.

RG9; Piece: 2683; Folio: 90; Page: 14

lynnelay

[QUOTE=michaelpipe;228336]Were Samuel Harvey and Susannah Carter married? Do you know where?

I think they were married because on the birth certificate in 1854 she is called Susanna Harvey. I have no idea where or when or if there are other children.

Thanks for the help.

lynnelay

I've looked at the death of Susannah harvey , but she had an H at the end my susanna didn't. I suppose if she had no relatives they might not have known this.

Is there any way we can see the death details without buying the certificate?
    The EH in the orphanage looks a possibility. Eliza's surname was Harvey so eliza Carter does not fit, shame that.
    Eliza did get married in 1870 on 11 August saying she was 18 were as she was only 16 having been born 1854.

Any more ideas gratefully received
    Lynne

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lynnelay View Post

I think they were married because on the birth certificate in 1854 she is called Susanna Harvey. I have no idea where or when or if there are other children.

Thanks for the help.
    Can't find a marriage for Samuel & Susanna(h) in he GRO, (but that doesn't mean that it's not there). However, in this area there is always the possibilty that they were Irish, and married there.

Michael

Mutley

I've looked at the death of Susannah harvey , but she had an H at the end my susanna didn't. I suppose if she had no relatives they might not have known this.

Is there any way we can see the death details without buying the certificate?
    Lynne
    Seeing as most could not read or write then, Susannah could be spelt many ways. I saw a 'Suessannahh' when looking for yours.

Unfortunately in England, you need to pay up the cash to see the details for any of the certificates.

lynnelay

Hi, Long time sice I worked on this family line. I have found a marriage for Sussannah Harvey (Sussannah Carter) 1866 St Peter's Everton. So she did not die while her children were young!! That makes me happy.
    I still cannot find her in the 1861 census or her children.. I do think Samuel died 1858 and have sent for both his death cert and her 2nd marriage cert.

Please can someone help me find them on 1861 census
    Thanks in anticipation
    Lynne

lynnelay

.. I do think Samuel died 1858 and have sent for both his death cert and her 2nd marriage cert.

Please can someone help me find them on 1861 census
    I have his death certificate and his name is only given as Samuel Harvey 39 yrs 19th march 1858 at Everton Hospital of consumption. He was a journey man Weighing machine maker. That is what was on census in 1841 and 51 in Birmingham area as well. so I am sure it is him. Works out if he was born 1818 after March. That fits in with the IGI baptism in 1822 that gives the date of birth as Aug 1818.

I have Susannah's second marriage certificate and she was a widow in 1866 aged 48 hence born 1818. Father Samuel Carter. Cannot find her on IGI or anywhere else in Birmingham area.

There is another problem I hope you may help me with. Eliza harvey's Husband on the 1871 censusis down as being born in Ireland or Scotland (indecipherable on original) his name is William Mitchell and his father was Alexander Mirchell a wood forrester. Please help
    Thanks Lynne
    Mitchell - John b c 1811 his father is given as Alexander on his marriage certificate , so I don't think the person on Ancestry has it correct, but I can't find any suitable birth in Ireland or Scotland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast