Anne K

Post Unwanted Death Cert, JOHN CHIDGEY, 1874,Salford

Unwanted death cert John Chidgey June 1874, age 29, occ. machine fitter.
    I will gladly pass on.

Anne
    Last edited by Anne K; 05-02-2005 at 11:14 PM.

topaz

Hi Anne,

Is this John Chidgey born in West Somerset, possibly St. Decumans parish? If so, I would be interested in this certificate, as it would be the brother of my ancestor Richard Chidgey.

Caroline

Kevin Chidgey

Default Chidgey Death Cert

Hi Anne & Caroline,
    I have a Chidgey tree with a Robert born abt 1844 and he has a brother Richard. Their parents are Robert Chidgey & Anne Stevens. I have Robert's place of death as Snells Williton 8 Nov 1909. Roberts parents are John and Martha and his grandparents are Richard & Catherine. I am interested to hear more from you. My email is kchidgey AT bigpond DOT.com
    Best wishes
    Kevin & Liz
    Last edited by Sue Mackay; 25-04-2008 at 7:07 AM. Reason: Disguising e-mail to prevent spam

Anne K

Hi Kevin - Sorry but all my Chidgeys are from the Salford/Manchester area and none of the names you mention are connected to my tree.

sft456

Hello Kevin

My g x 2 Grandfather's Mother was Rebecca Newick, but his Father was William Chidgey (see below) As you can see Henry William C Newick was illegitimate. However in deference to his Father he gave all his children the middle name of Chidgey.

As far a I know his antecedents came from Somerset, though I don't know from which part

1841 Census Wardobe Place Bristol

William Chedger/Chidgey? 50 1791 b Somerset? m 31/8/1822 at St Philip & St Jacob Church Bristol (as William Chidgey)
    d @1860 Keynsham? Urban labourer
    Elizabeth (nee Hollister) 40 @1800/1801 d 1850 Keynsham or 1868 Bristol?
    Henry Chedger?/Newick? 6 b 14/1/1824 Bristol Illegitimate Son Shop boy

1851 Census Bristol St Pauls

Henry William Chidgey Newick 26 b 14/1/1824 Wardrobe Place, Bristol Illegitimate (Father William Chidgey) m Jul-Sep 1846 Shop Assistant d Bedminster 1888
    Mary Ann (nee Roberts) 27 1824 Bristol ? d Jul-Sep 1871 Bristol
    Elizabeth Chidgey 3 1848 Bristol d 1856 Bristol
    Henry Chidgey 1 1850 Bristol
    William Chidgey 1 month Jan-Mar 1851 b Bristol 3/10/1903 West Ham
    Mary Jane Chidgey Newick Jun 1853 (died in infancy?)
    (sister?)

etc, etc

This may be the same branch as your family

Simon Taylor

Kevin Chidgey

Default Chidgey/Newick

Dear Simon,
    Thank you for your reply to my posting. I have checked my database and unfrotunately cannot find a connection to family group you have listed. Nonetheless I keep all sucj records for posisble future matches and I have drawn up a family tree. Unfortunately this web site only allows jpeg attachments. Please email me direct if you would like a copy and I will happily make corrections. kchidgey AT bigpond DOTcom. Do you know of the other names in the tree that connect to your generation. Perhaps that might bring about a connection to one of my existing trees of the Chidgeys. Best wishes. Kevin & Liz
    Last edited by Sue Mackay; 25-04-2008 at 7:08 AM. Reason: Disguising e-mail to prevent spammers

bexx

Default Hi

Hi Simon,

I found a marriage record for William C A Chidgey married Ivy Newick in 1928.

Would this be the same one?

My grandfather was Roy Benjamin Bryan Chidgey.

Rebecca