Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Settling in

Hi Alan - My apologies- the name was Ann DRAIN - not Drill. She arrived in NSW on the 'Burrell' in 1832 & was assigned to John J Peacock at Portland Head. Probably not our rele, but it does interest me as a possibility, given no other leads. I'll endeavour to get into the library soon. Regards Robin

Hi again Robin. You have jogged my memory on something that I had forgotten, but in my earlier searching back when I started doing my tree I stumbled onto someone else's tree that had Mobb's on it. They had John Mahoney down but had his wife down as just Ann, with the name Peacock in brackets and an indication that the name was an alias, so you might be on the right track with the convict theory. But the dates for arrival... marriage and birth of Ellen for John Patrick Mahoney still don't add up for me yet. And you could be right the dates may be way off. Hopefully the library will offer some clues. I was also wondering do you have any photo's of Owen Mobbs or Ellen Mahoney or their immediate family, I cannot find any photo;s of them anywhere. I have photos of the three boys that were killed in the first world war, Herbert Mobbs, Albert Mobbs and William George Delmar Mobbs through the war memorial site. Such a sad loss for one family.
    Regards Alan.

Settling in

Hi Alan
    I'll need to find time to visit the library! Maybe some further info there.
    Re photos: we do have a photo in the family of John George MOBBS with his wife, but no others from that generation or further back.
    There are a no. of photos of all in the next generation - ie Delmar, Lionel Owen, Doreen, Mona, Dulcie (Florence) and Colin (died when a boy). Other than Delmar & Colin, my grandfather & great aunts were very much part of my early life - Ribin

Hi Again.
    Thats awesome about the photos, maybe we can arrange someway to swap photos even though I dont have a lot. I THINK I have one of Sarah Ellen Mobbs, mu GGG grandmother but no one in the family is sure if its her. My parents would have known but unfortunately when I was younger I didnt enquire, now they have passed its too late, I could kick myself sometimes for not asking question when they were alive.
    Regards Alan.

Settling in

Thanks Alan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234