Thread: 'ello peoples!

Lady Fluff

Default 'ello peoples!

Hello all!

I'm Helen! Budding Genealogist, I've done almost everything through Genes Reunited and my tree currently stands at over 3800 people in about 3 years - not bad going really! Nearly all of that is on my dad's side - my mum's side is more tricky, as I've traced back to Austria on one bit, and am now totally stuck! I've already spotted one person on this site who I think I'm connected to - GeoffD, where are you, I've seen you around, and it looks like we're related!!!

Anyways, I'll answer pretty much anything, so any questions, fire away!

Copper

Welcome to the forum.

I am always wary of trees from GR as I have found that some were a work of fiction. Nothing goes into my tree without proof. This explains why I have a number of lever arch files of "might be related"

I am trying to reduce the number of lever arch files but it is a slow process.

Lady Fluff

haha, yes, I have found some 'interesting' examples of trees on GR, though most have enough backup for me to be convinced they're genuine!
    In an ideal world, I'd be able to devote hours each day to family history - unfortunately, when you work full tiem and do a part time MSc then the remaining bit of 'having a life' can be tricky to accomodate! It looks like a lot of my living relatives are still around in the Devon area, from what I can gather, so it would be nice to have a meet up with folks at some point! Getting to some locations for me, however, would be tricky, as I don't drive, and that would mean for grave visiting too.
    Oh, and I must apologise for any typing errors I make - my brain works faster than my hands sometimes, and although I can spell words fine on paper, I have a co-ordination disability which means I mess up my typing sometimes - I proof read when I remember though!
    Looking forward to getting uni out of the way at the end of this week and then diving into the forums good and proper!