Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matney Wood

Marie C..

pps. There is a marriage of John Pugsley to Joan Mildon26th March 1790 at Molland devon.
    I guess he could be yours if born around 1760's. Was his wife called Joan? M

Mags S

Hi all, thanks for your replies, my John Pugsley had a daughter Hannah born 1819 in Wootton Courtenay, Somerset. The marriage which I think is his, is in 1799, again at Wootton Courtenay to Elizabeth Pasmore - tho' there is a big gap between children!! Martinhoe is nearer the border with Somerset so seems the most likely. I may have got some things completely wrong, but I am certain that I have my tree correct back to Hannah but obviously want to go further back if possible. Any further advice welcomed.

RestiesMum

Hi Mags,

I am also researching John Pugsley and having the same issues with Matney Wood, especially as the 1841 census says he was born in Somerset, and I found a John baptised about the right time in Cutcombe. I have come to John through his daughter Fanny who is directly related to my son-in-law (also a Pugsley).
    I'm particularly interested because while doing my own research I found a distant relative, Emma Drake, marrying a George Pugsley in 1872 in Barnstaple so I'm trying to figure out whether my daughter and son-in-law are related!! Have you come across this couple in your research? There also seem to be several John Pugsley's marrying Elizabeth's - confusing.
    Also the Pugsley's are turning out to be a much more interesting family than mine!
    I'll keep looking.
    Best wishes,
    Sue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12