alanjohn

Default William George baptised Redruth

I've traced my mother's side of the family back to William & Elizabeth George on the 1841 census,they were living at Buller's Row.

I've also found their marriage,William and Elizabeth,29 Sept 1827 in Redruth,both of that parish.

However i'm trying to find the right William.

I have found three baptised in Redruth,
    9 Oct 1791,18 July 1803 and 2 Aug 1809,they are only baptism's and i dont have date's of birth's any idea's on narrowing it down?

I've been checking my note's,should there be witnesses to the mariage in 1827?that might help.

Marie C..

Allanjohn,
    The only way you can find which William is yours is by seeing a copy of the marriage in the parish registers and with luck it should give the father's names.
    I have just looked through the 1841 for Redruth and can't see William and wife Elizabeth anywhere. Found what I assume are their offspring or William's siblings(mostly all copper miners.) but you need to look at parish registers to see that you have the right parents.
    Don't Redruth library have fiche or films of Redruth baptisms? Marie andYes there should be witnesses.

Marie C..

Just had a look on Hugh Wallis. So your William married Elizabeth thomas 29th Sept 1827.
    I can see only two William George baptised within dates that would fit, William George 18th July 1803 son of William George and Jennifer and William George 02 August 1809 .... and he too is the son of George and Jennifer so perhaps the earlier William bap 1803 died before 1809. Need to check for his death . So depending your Willaim's age on marriage(parish register might give that??) and his age on 1851 census(more reliable agewise than the 1841) you should be able to find the right William.
    Also there are the childrens names... William and Elizabeth would have had a William and a Jennifer and an Elizabeth amongst their children. Also were there any twins? M

Jan Bednarz

Default William George

Hi,
    I have a William George in my family they were born in Redruth, William george Born 1864 Redruth married Caroline James born abt. 1864. They had a son William George born 1889 Redruth. Caroline James is the daughter of Joanna (Kneebone) James and John James. Joanna is in my family and I am doing the Kneebones. They the Kneebones lived in Bullers Row, Joanna's mother and father owned a couple of dwellings there. Maybe this will help you.
    Jan

alex skowron

Hi,
    Do you know if William & Caroline had any other children ?