Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thomasin

No, because it's supposed to be in the same county of Southton, which I suppose is Southampton = Hampshire. I suppose it is a D?

Thomasin

Colin Moretti

... lyeing in Rumsey in the County aforesaid called, or known by the name of De(....?)sh
    I guess that this is the town is now known as Romsey; unfortunately the resolution of the image is not good enough for me to make out the word, is it a farm or plot of land/field I wonder? Can you post another image with higher resolution? Even if I don't know it myself I know someone who almost certainly will.

Perhaps it's relevant that there is a place known as Paulton's Park just outside the town although I don't know anything of its history.

Colin

karenf

Thank you all so very much.
    I am sorry I cannot send the original National Archive item because this was how the will was forwarded to me.
    Colin... Can you advise how I may increase the resolution?
    I am absolutely thrilled with all of the help I have received and I have kept to my word re taking tutorials. It is very hard work (I think I may need new glasses too) but does start to make some form of sense after several attempts.
    Thank you all very much.

Karen

Colin Moretti

Hello Karen

If the links that you posted are to the files as you received them then I'm afraid that I don't think that there is anything you can do about the resolution of the image, no doubt you have enlarged it and found that it did not improve the readability.

All I can suggest is that you ask the person who sent you the will to let you have a copy of the .pdf file received from TNA, that will have the best resolution. Unless someone else has a better idea.

Colin

Colin Moretti

I've now had a chance to show a printout of the will to some very knowledgeable members of our Romsey local history society (LTVAS), even they were defeated by the mystery place but they were intrigued by the problem; neither was the name POULTER familiar (they were able to discount any link with Paulton's Park).

Is anything more known about Abraham? Perhaps he inherited the property through his wife or from his mother's side of the family; is anything known about them?

Colin

karenf

Hello Colin,
    My distant family member is currently researching the Poulter side of his family. He, has only, very recently found his connection to this line (Great grandfather was not the person presumed to have been gt grandfather). Although all of the early Poulter's in his family line appear to originate from or around Hartley Whitney. I will contact him asap to see what he has discovered about Abraham or his family. He was extremely thrilled with the unravelling of the will and asked me to pass on his thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123