Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SBSFamilyhistory

Default Peter Bartle death

How would I go about finding the death of a Peter Bartle born 1827 in France. He moved to Wales when he was a small child, Married Maria Brown and went to live in America with his children. I have been led to believe that he went to New Zeland and that is where he died.

hope somebody can help

Sue

SBSFamilyhistory

nudge

Famous for offering help & advice

I think there are a number of online indexes to NZ newspapers and/or BMD records, but it's not an area I've looked into myself. No doubt some of our Kiwi members will be able to assist when they wake up, but meanwhile you might find something on Cyndi's List.

Arthur

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

I'm awake, but the wrong country it is only around 3:00 PM here, so it might be a while before anyone who is a working person to get onto the computer.

Do you have an approximate date of death for Peter?
    Or at least when he was last seen in America.
    ChristineR

SBSFamilyhistory

Hi Peter was still in the UK in 1871.. by the next census he had left. as to when he left America or died in NZ sorry I do not know. Peter and Maria had 6 children.names and year of birth approx Emma E (1853) Julia Ann (1868) Laura (1865) Maria junior (1860) Mary (1862) Thomas (1855)

SBSFamilyhistory

Ihave been told he invented a steam pressure valve and a type of wire fencing. When or where this took place I am not sure..

Sue

PS where has the edit facility gone.

A fountain of knowledge

Yawwwnnnnnn..................................... O hello my ears were burning you woke me up.
    No death search facility available. Somebody will have to troll the fisches.

Very busy at work at the moment however if nobody else offers I'll see what I can do in the next few weeks.
    Can you summarise all the facts eg. born date likely death age (do you know how old his father was?) Best guess when he can to our shores.
    Anything else that might narrow the time frame.................

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Peter was still in the UK in 1871.. by the next census he had left.
    I think that it would be a good idea to check the USA census years - to get a time frame of when he left America.
    ChristineR

A fountain of knowledge

Try searching this site https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz Please let use know if you find him.

SBSFamilyhistory

Sorry nothing relating to Peter.

Sue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast