Wilkes_ml

Default Chelsea Parish registers

Hi,

I understand from a previous thread that the Chelsea Parish registers were once on CD and were sold by Archive CD books before it closed. Having searched the net, I have been unable to locate the CD set.

I have ordered from the LDS the St. Luke's Chelsea baptisms 1813-1829 and the burials 1813-1827, but will have to wait till after the new year befor the order is sent off.

So, does anyone know if there are CD's that cover this time frame, or would some kind person please check their copy of the CD for me?

I am looking for a baptism of Lucy Lavinia or Lavinia Lucy LAC(E)Y born Chelsea about 1819 daughter of John LAC(E)Y a locksmith.

I also have a possible Marriage from the Middlesex marriage index of a John LACEY to a Mary BICKNELL, but the index just says Chelsea Middlesex 16th Sep 1810 - no church mentioned - so would like confirmation of whether this was at St. Lukes

A possible relation Stephen LAC(E)Y was born about 1833 at Chelsea - I have just ordered his marriage certificate to see if he has the same father as Lavinia Lucy.

Many thanks

Guy Etchells

As far as I am aware Brian Donovan of Archive CD Books Ireland now has the rights to many/most (if not all) of the ArchiveCDBooks cds.
    The Chelsea cds should be available
    Cheers
    Guy

Marie C..

There were also Lacey/Lacy in Camberwell.
    There is marriage on IGI of Lavinia Lucy Lacy(daughter of John) to Thomas Curwich? 15th Oct 1837 in Battersea.M

Wilkes_ml

Thanks Guy, I had a look, but couldn't see the parish registers in the catalogue.

Marie - thanks for the reference - I already have the marriage certificate of Lavinia to Thomas Curnick in 1837 (they are my direct ancestors) and that is where I got her father's name from. It is just her baptism, and those of her siblings etc. that I am now searching for.

Chelsea isn't covered by the IGI, Vital record Index or FreeReg - but the films are available to loan from the LDS - I was just thinking it maybe quicker and cheaper (in the long run) if I could find Chelsea records on CD!

Marie C..

Sorry! Curnick(couldn't read my scribble). There are some Chelsea St. Luke's Lacys/laceys on Hugh Wallis but not the ones you want. Have you tried Middlesex fam hist site?

Wilkes_ml

Quote Originally Posted by Marie C.. View Post
    Have you tried Middlesex fam hist site?
    Yes, i had a look through the Middlesex and London family history websites, also the FFHS indexes which are now also on FMP website (and now easier to search).

I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for the films to arrive at the LDS site - then if I find the baptisms, I can put an order in for the next batch of films.

Wilkes_ml

Thanks for the update Bo Peep - it's a shame - but I'll have a look to see if any second hand ones are available before I give up completely!

Wilkes_ml

Many Thanks to Kerrywood, who has found Lavinia Lucy Lacey's baptism at St. Mary Abbotts at Kensington, along with some siblings.

So it looks as though I no longer need the Chelsea St. Lukes registers after all. (Unless I can't find parents marriage at Kensington!)
    Last edited by Wilkes_ml; 18-11-2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: spelling