ColinR

Default Michael Ward b1788 Islington

Looking for confirmation on birth of Michael Handley Thompson Ward 1788 and Marriage to Sophia Jane Elizabeth Ann Crolston in abt 1813 maybe at Islington,

Mutley

Sorry, I cannot see them on the IGI or Pallots.

birdlip

Hi Colin,

the marriage may be earlier than you thought. IGI has a birth for Sophia Jane Ward 29 Mar 1809 London, same parents... though its patron submitted.

regards birdlip

ColinR

Default Michael Ward b1788

Yes I do have that birth in Kepple st Holborn Kent but the information I have is that they were married in 1813. Maybe have to look a bit sooner?Maybe they were married in Kent as well worth a look.

Regards Colin

birdlip

Colin, that place of birth is a bit odd. Where did you find it? Holborn is not in Kent, it's in London, Middlesex.

birdlip

There is a Keppel street in Holborn, just looked it up on a modern map, its near Russell square.

Mutley

There were more than one Keppel Streets.

If it is Holborn area then St Giles in the Fields could be the church that holds the registers.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I would try St George Bloomsbury too - it's a bit nearer the address. Registers are at the LMA. Unfortunately there are no LDS films that can be hired for baptisms at that period.

As for St Giles in the Fields, who have not deposited their registers, it costs £15 per hour to look at them at the church, under a rather poor desk lamp in the vestry. At the LMA there is a reasonably good film of same (except for 1780s baptisms, which are partly unreadable). No LDS films at all for St Giles, I'm afraid

Kerrywood