Thread: DEATH CERT

spanish senora

Default DEATH CERT

hello all, yes Iam here again!!!!

Hope one of you can help with this one?

Mary Ann Forsdike... I have a poss of 2 death certs here.

No1. Mary Ann Forsdike died Shoredich London April May June 1850 Ref. Vol 2 Page 249.

No2. Mary Ann Forsdike died Stepney London July Aug Sept 1850 Ref. Vol 2 page 324.

Mary Ann Forsdike married (yes you have all guessed!!) the dreaded Edward Thomas Forsdike. Her maiden name was Connor.

She was the first wife of my great grandfather Edward Thomas Forsdike (see brickwalls)

Question;- How can I decide which one of these is a probable. Mary Ann was a minor when she married Edward in 1849@ St John the Evangilist church Islington. I believe this church was and still is part of the Westminster diocese.

Is it possible to decide which of these certs is the right one? I can paper my walls with wrong BMDs!!!

Suffolk list a lot of info on deaths going back a long way, which lists age at death. Does London or Middlesex?

Gracias

pottoka

If you order a certificate from the GRO, you can put a reference check on it, like the name of the husband. It costs £3, but it saves £7 if it's the wrong certificate.

Jan1954

Buenos días,

As Pottoka has said, ask for a reference check.

As the occupation for a married woman was deemed to be being married to her husband, the entry under that heading should read something along the lines of, "wife of Edward Forsdike (then his occupation)"

¡Buena suerte!

spanish senora

Hola Buenes dias

Que tal !!!

Brill I get Spanish lessons here as well!!!!

Joking apart. I did not know that I could have saved a fortune. I will give it a try.

ps anybody know where you can get rid of unused BMDs!!!!

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by spanish senora View Post
    ps anybody know where you can get rid of unused BMDs!!!!
    Try here.

spanish senora

Thanks jan

I will sort them all out, and give it a go. (Any bets on me getting it wrong!!!!)

Reputation beyond repute

There is a list of Frequently Asked Questions on the GRO site. I won't quote the one that's particularly relevant here because they are all worth reading.

Don't forget that it is not not essential to quote a GRO reference number and is sometimes more economical not to.

Be careful when entering checking data. If you say husband = Edward Thomas and the registration just says Edward, don't be surprised if the order bounces.

spanish senora

Thanks Peter

Worth knowing